Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 135

Sometimes the editor in build 628 inserts text that I have never typed or copied (when I try to copy/paste sometimes I get things that do not exist in the source at all)

In English speaking part as well as in Russian speaking part, the bug reporting talk is dead. They are considering this thing done. We can expect that soon they will do what they were threatening with : to stop build 509. God luck guys. We are going to need it

checkin:
In English speaking part as well as in Russian speaking part, the bug reporting talk is dead. They are considering this thing done. We can expect that soon they will do what they were threatening with : to stop build 509. God luck guys. We are going to need it

Yep. It seems that they consider this a done deal and they are not accepting that this is so full of bugs that it is not usable on a live account. It already is reflected on their number of users - metatrader 4 code base is dead

Getting a bit sick of build 628

When you reach some number of files in a folder, you can end up with almost all "grayed out" (regardless of the fact that the source is there). And today happened what never in my life happened with previous versions of metateditor : is simply froze in the middle of source editing. Not during compiling or something like this. I was simply typing and the thing just froze and I lost all that I wrote. Had to rewrite the bloody thing again. The mq argument would be that they are trying to make our life interesting, but I would like to see what would they do when what they done is lost simply because someone tells that this thing is reliable

It will be reliable after a decade or two the way the are doing the updates

mladen:
As I see it the main problem of the cyrrent metatrader 4 is different

In their help file not that there are errors, but straightforward lies. The simplest example : check the "available" time frames in a metatrader 4 help file :

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_M30 [TD] 30 [TD] 30 minutes

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H1 [TD] 60 [TD] 1 hour

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H2 [TD] 120 [TD] 2 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H3 [TD] 180 [TD] 3 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H4 [TD] 240 [TD] 4 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H6 [TD] 360 [TD] 6 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H8 [TD] 480 [TD] 8 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H12 [TD] 720 [TD] 12 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_D1 [TD] 1440 [TD] 1 day

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_W1 [TD] 10080 [TD] 1 week

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_MN1 [TD] 43200 [TD] 1 month
ID[/TD] Value[/TD] Description[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_CURRENT[/TD] [/TD] Current timeframe[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M1[/TD] 1[/TD] 1 minute[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M2[/TD] 2[/TD] 2 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M3[/TD] 3[/TD] 3 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M4[/TD] 4[/TD] 4 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M5[/TD] 5[/TD] 5 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M6[/TD] 6[/TD] 6 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M10[/TD] 10[/TD] 10 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M12[/TD] 12[/TD] 12 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M15[/TD] 15[/TD] 15 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M20 20 20 minutes

Those time frames are metatrader 5 time frames and they not and will never be supported by metatrader 4 (that is from a MQL4 reference help file, not from a metarader 5 help file). And a million cases like that. The thing is that we can not trust the trading platform (buggy as hell), we can not trust coding language (compiler and editor are some of the stupidest compilers and editors I have seen so far as far coding languages are concerned) and we can not trust the instructions (help file is a wish list not a help file for coders and traders). They are doing it to themselves. If coders loose trust in the mql4 (and mql5 have never gained any serious trust) that is it. And that is what they haven't considered at all.

I used this reference to see what would happen by creating a new chart with the PERIOD_H2 time frame and it did create the chart! However, the chart posted "Waiting for Update". I wonder what would happen if it were attached to an MT5 data feed????

mladen:
Getting a bit sick of build 628 It will be reliable after a decade or two the way the are doing the updates

b

And then there will be no one using it. I'm ready to jump ship when I find the right broker.

See this example :

All the sources are there, and even when I compile them one by one they still stay grayed out (even though the ex4 file is present there too). And some files in front of these (so it does not depend on the position in the list). They still did not clean up the interface of this thing ... what else can we expect from "hidden" (coding) part that is not as easy to spot that there is an error?

Files:
nonsense.gif  18 kb

Tzuman:
b And then there will be no one using it. I'm ready to jump ship when I find the right broker.

Seems a lot of people are ready to leave metatrader.

checkin:
Seems a lot of people are ready to leave metatrader.

Since it is a free tool, there will always be users for it. But the problem is that with some errors brokers are facing problems with users (after all, they are guaranteeing for correct execution of orders on line accounts, not metaquotes) and that might lessen the number of brokers using metatrader (due to its problems that it is having)

Working with build 628 and it has a bit too much errors for any taste (not just mine) They shall have to correct those or else it will be labeled as a toy not a trading platform (and that i hardly what their intention is and hardly what people that are going to invest money are expecting from trading platform)

There are just to many errors in this metatrader. Too many for any normal work

And with boolean conditions evaluated differently almost impossible to convert a lot of EAs

Reason: