Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 153

Big Joe:
Hello guys,

This morning i got updates to build 650 ?

And find no news about it.

After 5 minutes of working with it :

1. "invalid argument " when I right clicked in the list of indicators and clicked modify

2. metaeditor froze when I tried to close it

3. Almost all code is marked as if it is missing something (it has that gray dot) even when I recompile it (without errors)

4. Spread filed in this for :

int OnCalculate (const int rates_total,

const int prev_calculated,

const datetime& time[],

const double& open[],

const double& high[],

const double& low[],

const double& close[],

const long& tick_volume[],

const long& volume[],

const int& spread[])

useless

Waiting for the rest of the surprises

Big Joe:
Hello guys,

This morning i got updates to build 650 ?

And find no news about it.

652 just now for me

two builds in a same day?

They messed up something again

Build 652 : visual back test of multi time indicators worthless (built in functions that should return values of other time frames are returning always the values of the current - most recent - value, not the value that you see on chart, or a completely wrong value - like iTime() and similar). Also, it freezes for some time if you compile the code that is attached to a visual (and after that starts to work sluggishly (at least 10 times slower than normally)

Attaching a very simple example that will show you that built in functions are working completely wrong in visual back test when checking data from other time frames. Nothing has been changed. Did not test the rest, but I doubt that significant improvements

_test_multi_time_frame_visual_back_test.mq4 have been made

mladen:
Build 652 : visual back test of multi time indicators worthless (built in functions that should return values of other time frames are returning always the values of the current - most recent - value, not the value that you see on chart, or a completely wrong value - like iTime() and similar). Also, it freezes for some time if you compile the code that is attached to a visual (and after that starts to work sluggishly (at least 10 times slower than normally) Attaching a very simple example that will show you that built in functions are working completely wrong in visual back test when checking data from other time frames. Nothing has been changed. Did not test the rest, but I doubt that significant improvements
_test_multi_time_frame_visual_back_test.mq4 have been made

Nothing new

Only old bugs and a cuple of new bugs added

Biggest news : web request

Now imagine what can it be used for. They are planing a web browser

Files:
web.gif  18 kb

"Release version" announced for jun-jul

By then nothing will work

checkin:
"Release version" announced for jun-jul By then nothing will work

The way they are doing it is ridiculous.

Did you know that they are calling all these versions we are using "beta". How can we be forced to risk our "non-beta" money with a beta that is worse and worse with each new build?

One of the news is that now you have to confirm regular ex4 libraries calls too (till now you had to do that only for dll functions imports). So, libraries like stdlib and similar must be allowed by checking the following in the options (or the indicator, script or EA will not work) :

One more "joy" for people that are used to write their functions in libraries

Files:
lib.gif  14 kb

Man, just getting worse

PS: the "release" will be in June. If it is going to work like 652, God help us

Reason: