Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 148

checkin:
In the last couple of years that is the story of metatrader : all mis-priorities and poorly executed projects

Maybe I am wrong, but looks like raptorUK is not posting there any more. He was one of the few that was open enough to tell what is wrong with metatrader - maybe that is the reason. But again - I am not such a frequent visitor - just noticed a lack of his answers

I see some brokers are now forcing a 646 update, do they not understand how buggy this build is? either brokers are ignoring this whole issue and turning a blind eye to the obvious or they really are not aware of the mess this whole debacle is in. Either way it does not give me much confidence in MetaQuotes or the brokers.

cja:
I see some brokers are now forcing a 646 update, do they not understand how buggy this build is? either brokers are ignoring this whole issue and turning a blind eye to the obvious or they really are not aware of the mess this whole debacle is in. Either way it does not give me much confidence in MetaQuotes or the brokers.

That is not all

See this :

1. That warning ("error") is when I log in to my broker which has nothing to do with metatrader (I trade with a broker not wiith a "broker")

2. I have never ever in my life used any signal from metatrader (nor do I intend to)

3. That is metatrader build 509 (not one of the new ones - in the new ones they simply have hidden that)

So, what in the hell does metaratrader site wants there and from me?

Interesting?

Once I posted that our data (IP) is sent without our permission - see where it is going

Files:
failed.gif  8 kb

Changes in MQL4 site, are meant to give the feeling that there is a large code base.

And hide the fact that no new code is published.

If MetaQuotes wants to follow in the footsteps of big companies that monitor and control the activity of the customer, this is on a very bad road.

Only utilize MT4, NEW forex users.

Any user that handles large volumes and investment companies will flee forever from MT4.

techmac:
Maybe I am wrong, but looks like raptorUK is not posting there any more. He was one of the few that was open enough to tell what is wrong with metatrader - maybe that is the reason. But again - I am not such a frequent visitor - just noticed a lack of his answers

I had recently noticed the same thing. Today, I searched for posts from him and the latest I can find is 2014 03 15. The Metatrader forum search only returns 4 posts, and not that one, so pretty useless (or purged?). His profile lists his most recent thread as started on 2014 03 04.

Cody_R:
I had recently noticed the same thing. Today, I searched for posts from him and the latest I can find is 2014 03 15. The Metatrader forum search only returns 4 posts, and not that one, so pretty useless (or purged?). His profile lists his most recent thread as started on 2014 03 04.

The guy was talking the truth about new metatrader - looks someone did not like it - or he decided to stop. He is not the only that does not have new posts there, but he knew what he was talking about

checkin:
The guy was talking the truth about new metatrader - looks someone did not like it - or he decided to stop. He is not the only that does not have new posts there, but he knew what he was talking about

For me RaptorUK was rather the guy that was extremely helpful to the community at mql4.com, and very polite, too. Lately he was several times attacked by the other moderator, that on the other hand had not been helpful at all.

The other guy currently rules the forum and he seems to be an average MQL5 coder that does not bother to start MT4 to give a helping hand with MQL4. He just knows 3 answers:

- goto to service desk

- I do not understand

- watch your language!

Ovo:
For me RaptorUK was rather the guy that was extremely helpful to the community at mql4.com, and very polite, too. Lately he was several times attacked by the other moderator, that on the other hand had not been helpful at all.

The other guy currently rules the forum and he seems to be an average MQL5 coder that does not bother to start MT4 to give a helping hand with MQL4. He just knows 3 answers:

- goto to service desk

- I do not understand

- watch your language!

You mean the guy that thinks that PeriodSeconds() and Period()*60 are different in metatrader 4?

:):)

Oh yeah ...

Method templates related bugs are infinite

checkin:
You mean the guy that thinks that PeriodSeconds() and Period()*60 are different in metatrader 4?

:):)

Oh yeah ...

Lol, it may he him. The guy that usually fails.

Reason: