Website bug: Search function only returning recent results for Forum threads/posts!

Before reporting to Service Desk (which usually ends in no response, so why do I bother), can anyone else confirm the following behavior on the search function?

Currently, any search I do (for Forum entries) will only return the most recent of results. No matter what filters I may use based on what I know was in the post, it will either return no results at all, or only the latest of results.

For example, if I search for "stop size" for forum entries only, I will get only 5 hits only as far back as 2017.11.06 when I know for a fact there are many, many more (confirmed by Google search).

By date | By relevance
HOW TO GET MAXIMUM VOLUME PER POSITION
SYMBOL_VOLUME_MAX (see below) gives you the maximum allowed volume (lots) defined by the broker, but it does not tell you what the maximum volume should be based be on your Balance, Equity, Free Margin, Stop-Loss size, etc. So, to place an order with just the right size of volume (lots), so as to control your risk, belongs in the realm of Risk and Money Management, and not in the realm of a an MQL function or parameter: Here is an example of some code, but it is old MQL4 code and is need of some improvement, but serves the purpose of illustrating a point for this thread: Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies Need moneymanagement LOT size formula based on SL and Account Risk! Fernando Carreiro, 2014.01.09 02:37 OK guys! This code was written by me and it is what I use in my own EA's. It is quite complex because, besides the Risk% and StopLoss, it also takes into account the Margin Risk% as well as correct the Lot Size based on Minimum, Maximum...
Forum | 2017.11.08 01:47 | Fernando Carreiro
HOW TO GET MAXIMUM VOLUME PER POSITION
You must learn to calculate your Volume (lots) based on margin and risk (such as stop size), and not on 'what is the maximum allowed '. If you don't do this, you will end up getting a Margin call and wiping out your entire deposit/balance in a single trade! I sincerely urge you to first learn about the basics of trading and all its metrics, long before trying to code anything. You will need to do months (at least) of research and demo/paper trading before you should consider anything else.
Forum | 2017.11.08 00:57 | Fernando Carreiro
Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? [UPDATED]
First of all, thank you very much for your opinion. 1. In recent days there have been other threads on this subject, and some moderator such as @Sergey Golubev has linked many threads with information, among which was the link to my old thread (for example, here ), and then I realized that it was not updated. I have created this new thread, because due to the developments and new. features incorporated into MT5 in the latest builds, some of the differences we discussed in the old thread have become obsolete. First. I tried to edit the first post of the old thread, but since it is old, I. have not been able to edit it, hence I have created this one, incorporating the updated information. I have commented it on the old thread. However, I thought that I did not have to ask you for permission to post in this forum. I do not think that the information should bother anyone. 2. As far as I know in MT4 the optimizations are single-threaded, in MT5 they are multi-threaded. On the other...
Forum | 2017.11.07 23:59 | Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez
EA circuit breaker
Try a book! It may be easier to follow and learn step-by-step: Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies Something Interesting to Read Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.16 05:40 Expert Advisor Programming for MetaTrader 4 This book will teach you the following concepts: The basic of the MLQ4 language, including variables and data types, operations, conditional and loop operators, functions, classes and objects, event handlers and more. Place, modify and close market and pending orders. Add a stop loss and/or take profit price to an individual order, or to multiple orders. Close orders individually or by order type. Get a total of all currently opened orders. Work with OHLC bar data and locate basic candlestick patterns. Find the highest high and lowest low of recent bars. Work with MetaTraders built-in indicators, as well as custom indicators. Add a trailing stop or break even stop feature to an expert advisor. Use money management and lot size verification...
Forum | 2017.11.06 20:04 | Fernando Carreiro
Problem with PSAR Trailing Stop EA
How do you know that the second order in the list is from your EA and on the current chart? Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your. OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.). Symbol. Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart. - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 MQL4 programming forum You should be able to read your code out loud and have it make sense. You would never write if( (2+2 == 4) == true) would you?. if(2+2 == 4) is sufficient. So don't write. if(bool == true), just use if(bool) or. if( ! bool). Code becomes self documenting when you use meaningful variable names, like bool isLongEnabled where as Long_Entry sounds like a trigger price or a ticket number and 'if long entry ' is an incomplete sentence.
Forum | 2017.11.06 16:20 | whroeder1

Anyone else having these problems?

Fernando Carreiro:

Before reporting to Service Desk (which usually ends in no response, so why do I bother), can anyone else confirm the following behavior on the search function?

Currently, any search I do (for Forum entries) will only return the most recent of results. No matter what filters I may use based on what I know was in the post, it will either return no results at all, or only the latest of results.

For example, if I search for "stop size" for forum entries only, I will get only 5 hits only as far back as 2017.11.06 when I know for a fact there are many, many more (confirmed by Google search).

Yes, it is same.

-------------

I have sent a ticket to the service desk.

Sergey Golubev: Yes, it is same. I have sent a ticket to the service desk.
Thank you!

Fernando Carreiro:

I have noticed this behavior also.

I also get the 5 results mentioned above.

It must be a search bug, because it should return thousands of older results, as Fernardo pointed out.

Anthony Garot:

I have noticed this behavior also.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I also get the 5 results mentioned above.

It must be a search bug, because it should return thousands of older results, as Fernardo pointed out.

Thank you all for the confirmation. @Sergey Golubev has confirmed this too and has already contacted the Service Desk!

We will have to wait for a response from them now!

EDIT: I have also submitted my own message to the Service Desk (2017.11.08 12:36, #1879285) to see if it speeds things up.

Well, the bug has not yet been fixed nor has there been any feedback from the Service Desk.

So, for all users I suggest using Google in the meantime. Just add "site:mql5.com/en/forum" to your search and it will be specific to the MQL5's English Forum threads.

Reason: