Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 71

We shall see in a couple of days how will the new metatrader 4 perform and what are the reactions going to be. As Antonsan pointed out, there are alternatives even out the well known frame (like tradestation, metastock, and so on ...) so we (the traders) are not going to be without a solution. For now I decided to sit back and enjoy the show

Yeah. According to announcement we shall see what are we up to on Sunday

There will be no surprises ... unfortunately

checkin:
There will be no surprises ... unfortunately

That would actually be nice. Bit I do not expect that we are going to be spared from surprises

No news today. Oh well, we shall see all in a couple of days

Well, we shall be able to test thoroughly new metatrader 4 as soon as more people start to use it. Only then the bugs will be more visible (this way it is "specialized" look at the new metatrader 4 and almost sure that not all the points of view were covered). Some metatrader 5 functions will work with the new one some will not (we have to battle our ways to find out which can be used and which can not since it is not cleared in the help files what can be used and what can not) Anyway, there is a period of intensive recoding ahead of us

I don't think that metatrader 5 compatibility in any way can help metatrader 4. It is enough to see the number of downloads from metatrader 5 code base and it will show everything : it is scary how little downloads metatrader 5 is having

Its going to be a disaster for most normal users

when will we know its safe to turn on MT4 again ?

Metaquote's have really shot themselves in the foot with this one

but at least other company's are now moving into their once cartel like run domination of the forex trading platform world

maybe when on Build 1000 MT4.pointless might be worth using again

RIP MT4

According to announcements we shall be able what have they prepared to us from tomorrow. Waiting to see what are the brokers going to do

checkin:
According to announcements we shall be able what have they prepared to us from tomorrow. Waiting to see what are the brokers going to do

What did they say : what shall happen today?

Reason: