Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 132

Before you were able to set order execution rights on two levels. Now they made it one single place. And the forgot completely scripts. What if I want to temporarily stop experts and execute some script? Then I have to go from expert to expert to disable it and only then execute the script?

Btw: did you notice that script are treated differently now (they do not stay active on chart) which is the only good idea they had so far

They almost got me today

Now they do not show download status in the lower right corner when build 509 is to be updated to new builds so you can not delete the files from webinstall to prevent update. But ... still working with build 509. Not going to tell how (for obvious reasons). Good luck mq next time

They are trying to bypass any protection you have against update at any cost. There is something that they are not telling us why. My guess : some brokers got hacked through metatrader terminal (but this is just a guess). Otherwise, I can see no other reason for this paranoid behavior

Aarrrggghhh! No attempt had been made to update MT4 on my desktop running XP Pro until tonight. Suddenly both my live account and my demo account with two different brokers have been automatically updated to build 625. So far I can still tell my laptop running Windows 7 not to update. Is anyone trading live with build 625 without major problems?

Trading, but manually only

No way I will let EA trade for me on this metatrader - maybe after a year or two

Thanks for the tutorial, well done and easy to follow. It will help most of us.

But, if you use a broker that have mt4 on trading platform, not sure it will allow to run the 509 again.

Big Joe:
Thanks for the tutorial, well done and easy to follow. It will help most of us. But, if you use a broker that have mt4 on trading platform, not sure it will allow to run the 509 again.

In the end we shall get the "old version" message and it will download data nor will it allow us to trade. They did it already a couple of times and they will do the same thing again

mladen:
In the end we shall get the "old version" message and it will download data nor will it allow us to trade. They did it already a couple of times and they will do the same thing again

Yes exactly, for those who wants to run on 509, they have to do it with a demo account.

Big Joe:
Yes exactly, for those who wants to run on 509, they have to do it with a demo account.

After some time they even stop on demo accounts. For now I am avoiding metatrader traps on one instance of metatrader that I have, but one they all I will see is " old version" and then that is it. So, the solutions that they are proposing (run old ex4 files on the new builds) is at the least cynical when we all know that one day we will not be able to do anything serious with those old versions since there will be no way to test some code properly in the old build of metatader

They are laying down a trap to us and we all pretend that we do not see it.

Guys, it is no time for testing "new things" in the new metatrader 4, but is someone plans to continue trading, this time is the time to convert and check all in these unfortunate new builds before the backdoor gets closed

Reason: