Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 137

More an info to developers than something else : if you compile a code using build 628 and you use strict it will not work on build 625. But if you avoid strict, it will work

mladen:
More an info to developers than something else : if you compile a code using build 628 and you use strict it will not work on build 625. But if you avoid strict, it will work

Hi Mladen, it might be specific to something you are using in indicators - all my indicators compiled by 915 show no difference between 625 and 628. I always use strict directive.

Ovo:
Hi Mladen, it might be specific to something you are using in indicators - all my indicators compiled by 915 show no difference between 625 and 628. I always use strict directive.

Ovo

In this case it is downwards compatibility case

I have a build 628 and when compiled with strict it was not executing on build 625 (so, lower build not higher, like in your case). But without a strict even though it was compiled using build 628 it was running on lower build 625 too

mladen:
Ovo

In this case it is downwards compatibility case

I have a build 628 and when compiled with strict it was not executing on build 625 (so, lower build not higher, like in your case). But without a strict even though it was compiled using build 628 it was running on lower build 625 too

You made me a bit uncertain - as I have full hands of different compiler versions, but I believe the 915 belongs to build 628 - at least I did not notice higher version.

I do not test scripts for backward compatibility, but in this case I run the 625 on a VPS, while 628 is my development instance. They both work. Of course, my coding style may be different causing the old 625 likes me more than you

Ovo:
You made me a bit uncertain - as I have full hands of different compiler versions, but I believe the 915 belongs to build 628 - at least I did not notice higher version. I do not test scripts for backward compatibility, but in this case I run the 625 on a VPS, while 628 is my development instance. They both work. Of course, my coding style may be different causing the old 625 likes me more than you

My mistake : I was reading 615 not 915 (I never look at the metaeditor - compiler version - a habit I guess)

Yes, you are probably right : but for some reason these indicators https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183208/page3 would not work in build 625 when compiled with 915 compiler and using strict. Only specific is that they use a couple of windows api dll calls and file operating functions, so it should work, but I have seen that the build 625 simply refused to start the ex4 file (not an error, but something ".... can not be executed"). Exactly why, I have no idea. But when recompiled using same compiler without strict, it accepted it with no problem at all

saw this yesterday while looking for something,

seems we are n't the only ones that think MT is carp

so all these changes mean jack.. unless they also change their business ethics

"MetaTrader(MT) is the leading platform designed specifically for forex trading and is usually supplied for little or no cost by your forex broker. While there is a MetaTrader5 (MT5) version, most brokers only support MetaTrader4 (MT4) due to its great popularity and lack of compatibility with MT5. It has all the features that you would expect of a first rate trading platform. MT is frequently connected to a dealing desk where the data is manipulated to take your money. You are not trading against a real market but against a trader who's job it is to take your money (A "Bucket Shop"). MT can also be connected to a real market (Straight Through Processing or "STP"). If your broker does not use STP then you get to tell a story like this one: "I opened an account with two metatrader brokers, expecting the brokers were transparent in their dealing. I ran demo accounts versus live accounts for 6 months, and regularly found material differences between demo performance and real performance, real accounts performed poorly, whereas demo accounts performed highly profitably." Some forex brokers using MT are STP and many are legal scams to take your money. If you do a Google search "STP Forex brokers" then you can find lists of the brokers that you should consider."

saw it here with some info on some of the other platforms,

the list still seems too limited to the same old bunch though

(but they were n't called Bucket shops)

How to be a trader

From a review there it seems that tradestation is above all other trading platforms

As far as I see, the discussion about the new metatrader 4 is concluded on metaquotes site and now we are left with choices what to do. It largely depends on the money one can invest, but as usual, the poorest are left with worst choice. Thank you mq for making something almost reliable into a trading platform travesty. Not even your enemies could do a better job on ruining it than you did it

As usual : money talks, ... walks

Being popular and being good never was necessarily the same thing and in the case of metatrader that was always painfully obvious, except that this latest "invention" set the emphasis to "..." part even more. As far as I see from surfing the net metatrader has been already hit hard. If they are gong to stand up and do some right steps does not depend on us (it never did, as it turned out) buy if they don't, their future will not be very bright

There are much better solutions for trading, it is just a matter of funding and a matter of what one can afford to lose (the eternal reason). If you can, I do second that tradestation is a good professional trading platform (not even expensive when you compare it to bloomberg trading platform, for example), but in order to stop looking like a promotion : everybody will chose according to needs, possibilities and expectations (as it always was) all we have to see if metatrader will still be one of the usable trading platforms

MQ considers this a release version

They have closed the discussion about bugs (does that means that there are no bugs?) and they are pretending that all problems are now coming from users ignorance not from metatrader bugs. I hope they ar paying their moderators enough to spread lies like that

Reason: