Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 128

Ovo:
I am not quite sure, but I think it has been happening in any case, if refresh is applying to the online chart.

Tested it and you are right

But why in the hell they have to add it to a log file that the data was updated? They are not sure that metatrader terminal updates data so they need a confirmation from a log file? This is not a release version of the terminal, neither it is a beta. It is a pure alpha that needs a couple of years more to earn the name of betatrader

Build 620

Again no idea what they changed : the did not post a single word of changes

We are getting closer to build 700

mladen:
Build 620 Again no idea what they changed : the did not post a single word of changes

I noticed a small change - in 618 I was able to cure the blind chart defect by switching profile or by restarting, in 620 it remains blind whatever I do.

It is just getting worse and worse

checkin:
It is just getting worse and worse

Build 620 - I just compiled an EA that had no warnings or errors on the previous builds and MetaQuotes have changed something because now I get 130 warnings, I have checked other EAs and get similar results, things have changed in the way OrderSelect and OrderDelete code is handled. Thanks MetaQuotes screw up code that was working and then throw in a few more bugs for good measure.

I read some where on the MetaQuotes forum ( I have not been able to find it again ) that all support for build 509 will be dropped sometime this month, so let the good times roll.

cja:
Build 620 - I just compiled an EA that had no warnings or errors on the previous builds and MetaQuotes have changed something because now I get 130 warnings, I have checked other EAs and get similar results, things have changed in the way OrderSelect and OrderDelete code is handled. Thanks MetaQuotes screw up code that was working and then throw in a few more bugs for good measure. I read some where on the MetaQuotes forum ( I have not been able to find it again ) that all support for build 509 will be dropped sometime this month, so let the good times roll.

What f... are we using the GetLastError() then if they are forcing us to check a silly boolean return from those functions (which tells only one thing and not the exact cause of a possible problem)? But there lies the probable cause :

After the function call (GetLastError() function), the contents of _LastError (variable) are not reset. To reset this variable, you need to call ResetLastError().

If I have to guess, the screwed up with GetLastError() something and now they are trying to correct that by forcing us to check everything twice instead of correcting their own problems

PS: I simply added bool result = the operation... and they consider that it is OK even though I never check what is contained in the result variable after that. So much about their "smart" compiler.

Nothing to wonder about

See their trade.mqh from metatrader 5 and the warnings getting there : in a function parameters you can not have a variable name with a same name like some global variable or the compiler will "smartly" warn you. That is coding language 101 that local variable takes the precedence and there is no coding language whatsoever that will issue that stupid warning. That is the same with the newest bool returns from OrderSelect(), OrderClose() and all order order functions : 101% sure that they do not know to solve what to do with the returned values from those functions (that they are causing memory leaks or "pollution") and that is the reason why they are forcing us to do that. They can not solve a simple issue of assigning or not assigning a function return value.

What mq is making is not a coding language : it is a toy that owners kid is showing to his friends and bragging "this is done by my fathers company". The fact that it is more and more useless does not matter to those kids

Build 625 - same as before, heaps of warnings and the #resource code now says bmp files not supported yet the bmp files load and work in the EA so who knows certainly not MetaQuotes.

#resource "\\Images\\back.bmp" ( Written exactly how the example in the MQL4 Reference is written )

unsupported image format 'C:\Users\Cliff\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\84C3350BB894A69A9D0E8C061708DA19\MQL4\Images\back.bmp'

If it is written as #resource string"\\Images\\back.bmp"

The there are NO warnings about the file type however it does not work either by compressing the files to the ex4 so EAs can be sent to another platform/user without having to send all the image files.

Broker updated to build 625.

Expert Advisor button is now called "AutoTrading" and was activated automatically after the update to 625 even though I had it deactivated before updating ... So it seems that on Monday next week there is a good chance for a surprise for those updating their terminal and who have EAs attached to their charts ?

Reason: