Build 600 does not run my EA when it is compiled in build 600

Hi, the automatic upgrade of my MT4 build 509 to build 600 caught me by surprise, it should have been a request, and not have been automatic.

However my EA initially worked just fine build 600. So thats good!

Then I recompiled it in build 600 and cleaned up all the warning messages and now nothing, it will not run.

Why is that??? The EA is perfectly fine, passes the compile with no errors or warnings, but when i run it, nothing, not even an error message!!!

Luckily, I can restore my build 509, and when I run it I can refuse the upgrade (thank goodness), and therefore keep developing. But why do i have to revert to build 509???

I was looking forward to the debugger that comes with build 600.

I note in other forums that there are problems with string handling, and my EA does use string manipulation extensively.

So, any suggestions???

• I cannot see the codes which you're having problems with.
  • Do-not recompile if your old .ex4 files continue working.
  • You have to know the different changes to the language.
  • The forum is full of threads running along size yours ... read them.
  • No-one can tell you everything within a few paragraphs.
Jockey:

Hi, the automatic upgrade of my MT4 build 509 to build 600 caught me by surprise, it should have been a request, and not have been automatic.

Then I recompiled it in build 600 and cleaned up all the warning messages and now nothing, it will not run.

Why is that??? The EA is perfectly fine, passes the compile with no errors or warnings, but when i run it, nothing, not even an error message!!!

Luckily, I can restore my build 509, and when I run it I can refuse the upgrade (thank goodness), and therefore keep developing. But why do i have to revert to build 509???

I note in other forums that there are problems with string handling, and my EA does use string manipulation extensively.

So, any suggestions???

Jockey:

So, any suggestions???

First suggestion as, Ubzen said, don't recompile your EA. Use the old ex4 and then create a copy of your mql4 with other name, this way you have time to resolve the issue.

Then you have to debug your EA with the last build, not build 600 (current build is 603 604 which is correcting some important bugs). If it still don't work, we can try to help you to debug it.

Reason: