Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 51

checkin:
New year, here we come

Which year

It is becoming sad. On the Russian part of the forum the main question is not about the errors but if it will be resistant to a decompiler. No info at all about actual bugs any more. And some guys that were reporting bugs there seem to be "politely asked" not to do it any more since their reports are completely ignored. Not good

Here is one example what is happening to a new metatrader 4

When it works with strings of any kind it seems to be having big problems. When you compile some code it will behave one way and then when you use it, it will show something else. Here is a picture how a daily data indicator looks after compilation (and this is how it should look all the time) :

And here is how it looks when you restart the terminal (and there is no way to get the upper display unless you compile the code again)

There are obviously very serious problems with this beta (just imagine the above example with values stored into string that are not visible and that you can not check with your own eyes - what would your code do in those cases?) and quite frankly, the way how bugs are solved (or not solved) I do not see that it will become operational in foreseeable time

Files:
string_1.gif  35 kb
string_2.gif  35 kb

Finally one post at the English section of metaquotes and someone else noticed similar errors as they were described here. Now I am curious how long will it take that they correct it

Yep, one post and so far it is ignored

If they release new metatrader 4 with this kind of errors they can kiss goodby any coders and users confidence in metatrader that they had

Build 552

None of the errors I have been talking about in the last month or so are corrected. Plus, sometimes on a simple indicator removal from the chart the terminal crashes. Plus obvious wrong time functions results (for example iTime(NULL,0,0) function returns time of the current bar of the FIRST chart it was called from, not the time of the current time frame current bar time if it is called from an EA and if it is called from a loop outside the start function, which indicates a serrious problem for init() function). The rest is not tested (no purpose while a simple parameters handling is not done properly)

The devil never sleeps I promised to myself that I will not test this beta deeper while they do not solve the basic stuff. And I did not keep the promise. And I found a case when in EAs all, but all the built in functions are working wrong. That is something that I was not expecting to find and is a clear sign that the date when this "new metatrader 4" will be usable is very far

Whoever wants to see how is new metatrader treated by metaquotes at the English section of their forum should see this thread there : Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway - MQL4 forum . If it is the way how beta testing should be conducted than do not hope too much that a new metatrader 4 will be usable any time soon

Build 553

No changes - all the errors from before are still there (including the problem with internal built in functions described in one of the prevuious posts)

Reason: