Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 57

i hope mt4 indicators still useable no matter what.

That is very important for trader.

checkin:
It seems that it is worse and worse not better as time passes. And really by now beta testers are not testing it any more - nothing changes to better

brokers will use regular mt4 instead of 'new mt4' (if 'new mt4' worse)

Umah Emas:
i hope mt4 indicators still useable no matter what. That is very important for trader.

I wouldn't hope too much

Even now it seems that a lot of code will have to be rewritten

A lot of stuff will need to be rewritten - starting from offline generating code to dlls that are using rates (format of rates is changed). But we have to wait till this thing becomes usable - useless to code before serious bugs that are in it are corrected, and judging from metatrader 5 experience, they will change the language itself too and then all will have to be rewritten again

Nobody posting at English part mq site any more - seems that this time people do not want to post any more

Build 558

Finally the problem with passing string parameters is solved. Problem with incoret display of labels is still present

why there isn't any software developer company to challenge metaquotes?

nevar:
why there isn't any software developer company to challenge metaquotes?

nevar

There are better trading platforms but for those people would have to pay. Metatrader got popular for enormous support of people coding and that made a big code base that was available for free or for very small money.

But if they force people to recode everything (and chances are that it will happen) then the "big picture" might change very much too. See the metatrader 5 and the number of users it have. Metaquotes could learn from their own example what happens in the case of massive recoding need, but it seems that the lesson was not clear enough

What I am doubting is that they are going to keep their promise that decompiler will not be able to decompile the new ex4. We can expect a decompiler from mq (as it was before) once when they realize that a protection will restrict the number of their users - all will be the same as before and all this that happens now is an unnecessary display of nonsense

Still only the Russian part of the mq forum participating in the beta testing. This is probably the "strangest" public beta test that I have ever seen in my life

Reason: