Metatrader known bugs ... - page 80

mladen:
Looks like in the offline charts, if the name of the offline chart symbol is not known to broker, it does not accept the digits correctly (instead of 5 digits, it displays on chart 4 digits, and so on). As soon as the name is set to an existing symbol name, the digits are set correctly Checked and the digits field is set correctly, but the terminal does not display it correctly

Same error exists in metatrader 4 build 780

At least in build 780 it seems that they corrected FileReadStruct() function

All the same - they correct something and then they make 2 more errors

Sometimes it is frustrating

Build 783 in the mean time (from morning to evening it became from 780 - 783)

Same indicator generating data for the tow charts, exactly the same settings - the only difference is that in one there is a prefix in the symbol name and in the another there is no prefix. See the decimals (in the hst header in both cases the _Decimal variable is written using the current chart symbol - current chart symbol for both indicators is EURUSD and both indicators are attached to the exactly the same source chart)

That thing worked correctly in pre 765 builds. No code change.

Oh well : at least we know that things around new metatrader 4 are not changing. We can not rely on anything

Files:
error.gif  106 kb

One more thing when the name is not a standard broker symbol name : Ask and Bid are reported as 0 (see the example - same conditions as from the above example). There is no way to correct that or to set those prices somehow from the offline data generating code

All in all : offline charts are not reliable if you do not use standard symbol name. Do not use it

Files:
error_1.gif  93 kb

mladen:
One more thing when the name is not a standard broker symbol name : Ask and Bid are reported as 0 (see the example - same conditions as from the above example). There is no way to correct that or to set those prices somehow from the offline data generating code

All in all : offline charts are not reliable if you do not use standard symbol name. Do not use it

Not sure how it was a few builds ago, I realized that Ask and Bid are zero in the Strategy tester as well, when you attach the indicator to a (visual) chart, for a valid symbol.

Ovo:
Not sure how it was a few builds ago, I realized that Ask and Bid are zero in the Strategy tester as well, when you attach the indicator to a (visual) chart, for a valid symbol.

But in strategy tester it should be OK (the symbol name is valid in the strategy tester)

That looks like a major bug

mladen:
But in strategy tester it should be OK (the symbol name is valid in the strategy tester) That looks like a major bug

I think so, though I do not test indicators by attaching them to the visual chart (behaviour is unpredictable for me), I would expect Ask/Bid having non-zero values, either live values or derived from the tester.

Ovo:
I think so, though I do not test indicators by attaching them to the visual chart (behaviour is unpredictable for me), I would expect Ask/Bid having non-zero values, either live values or derived from the tester.

Since tester is generating Bid and Ask prices, if they are not visible to the indicators, then there is a problem (at the least). Too many things like that that are making the back testing in the new metatrader 4 "less than useful" (don't want to use other words )

In build 783, I couldn't move the charts back and forth. Not with mouse, nor with cursor keys. Zoom in/out works.

I downgraded back to 780 because the bug doesn't exists in that earlier build.

I don't know whether I cry or laugh...

radu:
In build 783, I couldn't move the charts back and forth. Not with mouse, nor with cursor keys. Zoom in/out works.

I downgraded back to 780 because the bug doesn't exists in that earlier build.

I don't know whether I cry or laugh...

Seems like "one of those things"

For me it works - but that is usual for new mt4 : phantom errors that nobody can explain

Reason: