Metatrader known bugs ... - page 81

techmac:
Seems like "one of those things" For me it works - but that is usual for new mt4 : phantom errors that nobody can explain

Seems like autoscroll locks/unlocks it.

Ovo:

Strange : for me work regardless of the state of the auto scroll

Fore me it works OK (build 783 and build 765)

Maybe something while upgraded

mladen:
Fore me it works OK (build 783 and build 765) Maybe something while upgraded

Weird that you do not have it. From my point of view it is not necessary harmful, just different. The auto scroll now works rather like a lock, and for scrolling to the history I need to unlock it, which I might accept as logical. Previously, every tick scrolled the chart forward anyway.

Ovo:

You're correct. LOL

Ovo:
The auto scroll now works rather like a lock, and for scrolling to the history I need to unlock it, which I might accept as logical. Previously, every tick scrolled the chart forward anyway.

You're right, and there is logic in this. Maybe I've too much preconception so I can't notice a real feature

'int' to 'double' problem

I hope I am not repeating this from long ago...

Discovered in a strategy tester journal from my Print statements, looking at calculated StopLoss values:

When transferring (assigning) a value from a 'double' to an 'int' variable, the value is not rounded off. It uses the floor.

Example: 36.9 does not become 37, it becomes 36.

Solutions: 1. Use 'double' throughout

2. If the value must be a whole number before final use, then use NormalizeDouble(variable, 0)

3. Then if needed, assign it to the 'int' variable.

Big Be

If you are using a "/skipupdate" switch with metatrader 4, do not use code debugger. When you start the debugger, it starts a new instance of metatrader without any switch and then you are going to be upgraded regardless do you want it or not

This auto scroll stuff is anoying

checkin:
This auto scroll stuff is anoying

Finally I decided to do something with the frequent need for lock/unlock the Auto Scroll with the new build.

The indicator locks and unlocks the chart depending on position after mouse dragging.

Perhaps it wont be actual with the next release, so I placed it just here.

autolock.ex4

BTW, I was trying to insert the relevant part of code, but the post editor does not seem to accept sequence (left par+ex.mark+left.par).

Files:
autolock.ex4  109 kb
Reason: