Metatrader known bugs ... - page 81

Mladen Rakic

One more thing when the name is not a standard broker symbol name : Ask and Bid are reported as 0 (see the example - same conditions as from the above example). There is no way to correct that or to set those prices somehow from the offline data generating code

All in all : offline charts are not reliable if you do not use standard symbol name. Do not use it

Files:
error_1.gif  93 kb
Ovo
Ovo  
mladen:
One more thing when the name is not a standard broker symbol name : Ask and Bid are reported as 0 (see the example - same conditions as from the above example). There is no way to correct that or to set those prices somehow from the offline data generating code

All in all : offline charts are not reliable if you do not use standard symbol name. Do not use it

Not sure how it was a few builds ago, I realized that Ask and Bid are zero in the Strategy tester as well, when you attach the indicator to a (visual) chart, for a valid symbol.

Mladen Rakic
Ovo:
Not sure how it was a few builds ago, I realized that Ask and Bid are zero in the Strategy tester as well, when you attach the indicator to a (visual) chart, for a valid symbol.

But in strategy tester it should be OK (the symbol name is valid in the strategy tester)

That looks like a major bug

Ovo
Ovo  
mladen:
But in strategy tester it should be OK (the symbol name is valid in the strategy tester) That looks like a major bug

I think so, though I do not test indicators by attaching them to the visual chart (behaviour is unpredictable for me), I would expect Ask/Bid having non-zero values, either live values or derived from the tester.

Mladen Rakic
Ovo:
I think so, though I do not test indicators by attaching them to the visual chart (behaviour is unpredictable for me), I would expect Ask/Bid having non-zero values, either live values or derived from the tester.

Since tester is generating Bid and Ask prices, if they are not visible to the indicators, then there is a problem (at the least). Too many things like that that are making the back testing in the new metatrader 4 "less than useful" (don't want to use other words )

radu
radu  

In build 783, I couldn't move the charts back and forth. Not with mouse, nor with cursor keys. Zoom in/out works.

I downgraded back to 780 because the bug doesn't exists in that earlier build.

I don't know whether I cry or laugh...

techmac
techmac  
radu:
In build 783, I couldn't move the charts back and forth. Not with mouse, nor with cursor keys. Zoom in/out works.

I downgraded back to 780 because the bug doesn't exists in that earlier build.

I don't know whether I cry or laugh...

Seems like "one of those things"

For me it works - but that is usual for new mt4 : phantom errors that nobody can explain

Ovo
Ovo  
techmac:
Seems like "one of those things" For me it works - but that is usual for new mt4 : phantom errors that nobody can explain

Seems like autoscroll locks/unlocks it.

techmac
techmac  
Ovo:
Seems like autoscroll locks/unlocks it.

Strange : for me work regardless of the state of the auto scroll

Mladen Rakic

Fore me it works OK (build 783 and build 765)

Maybe something while upgraded