Metatrader known bugs ... - page 34

BigBe
BigBe  
checkin:
According to metatrader help file MarketInfo() "Returns various data about securities listed in the "Market Watch" window". Conclusion, neither MODE_ASK nor MODE_BID are reliable (that is the only explanation why MODE_SPREAD can be wrong)

checkin,

You are trying to apply logic. To MetaTrader.

And brokers.

Big Be

test
test  
Big Be:
checkin,

You are trying to apply logic. To MetaTrader.

And brokers.

Big Be

I am just quoting what the masters are telling us. If one is correct the other must be correct too. If one is not correct, the rest can not be correct either. Applying the logic that we have taught from using metatrader, the later is the true : MarketInfo() function in any mode is not reliable

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
checkin:
:) I am just quoting what the masters are telling us. If one is correct the other must be correct too. If one is not correct, the rest can not be correct either. Applying the logic that we have taught from using metatrader, the later is the true : MarketInfo() function in any mode is not reliable

So far I haven't had problems with MarketInfo() for bid and ask but, now that you told it, will make a small indicator that will record any eventual differences - just in case

test
test  
mladen:
So far I haven't had problems with MarketInfo() for bid and ask but, now that you told it, will make a small indicator that will record any eventual differences - just in case

please post it when you make it

I really would like to see the results

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
checkin:
please post it when you make it I really would like to see the results

Don't worry

Will post it

test
test  
mladen:
Don't worry Will post it

Thanks

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
checkin:
Thanks

Here is a version that calculates spreads from Ask and Bid as well from marketInfo() ask and bid. Green is calculated from Ask-Bid red is calculated from MarketInfo() data. The broker from this test does not seem to have problems : _test_spread_from_ask_and_bid.mq4

test
test  
mladen:
Here is a version that calculates spreads from Ask and Bid as well from marketInfo() ask and bid. Green is calculated from Ask-Bid red is calculated from MarketInfo() data. The broker from this test does not seem to have problems : _test_spread_from_ask_and_bid.mq4

Thanks

Will test a couple of brokers

test
test  

So far it seems that market mode is working OK on all the brokers I tested

techmac
techmac  
checkin:
So far it seems that market mode is working OK on all the brokers I tested

At least one good news - if it lasts