Metatrader known bugs ... - page 39

Tzuman:
The solution, suggested by XARD777 is to disable, uncheck, AutoTrading in the Tools/Options/Expert Advisors tab

We have to stop the EAs if we want to compile?

That is a new approach from metatrader In the end they will ask us not to use EAs at all :):)

mladen:
On a same broker? If it is a same broker and same data then it is a big problem

I downloaded both platforms from official MQL site.

nevar:
I downloaded both platforms from official MQL site.

And still it shows different signals with same data?

Yep unfortunatelly.

nevar:
Yep unfortunatelly.

That is a disaster - a true picture of the "new improved metatrader 4"

Anyone else had this problem?

Run an EA on the tester name xxxxx00 and get a result of x.

copy the same EA and all its inputs so it is exactly the same in every respect except the name is now xxxxx01 and get a totally different result although it is identical to the first in every way?

Hopefully it is a tester only issue - why would a name change affect the EA at all?

One other really strange thing is the copied EA runs faster on the tester and I mean a lot faster. So in the process of being copied is something we are not aware of happening behind the scenes?

cja:
Anyone else had this problem?

Run an EA on the tester name xxxxx00 and get a result of x.

copy the same EA and all its inputs so it is exactly the same in every respect except the name is now xxxxx01 and get a totally different result although it is identical to the first in every way?

Hopefully it is a tester only issue - why would a name change affect the EA at all?

One other really strange thing is the copied EA runs faster on the tester and I mean a lot faster. So in the process of being copied is something we are not aware of happening behind the scenes?

Did you use Current for the spread?

If yes, and if your broker has a variable spread, than it could be a cause for different results (not too different, but in some cases it cane be) is the spread that was valid when you start the test is different then when you tested the previous time

I guess that in cases of scalping eas the result can be very different (I tested it with their MACD sample and got different results too - so 1-2% different results with the spread set to current)

Yes I understand there can be slight differences using the current spread so I ran the tests several times with current and fixed spreads, the copy did not produce the same results as the original it was like 2 different EAs it was that different.

I have just retested the 2 EAs using a fixed spread and current spread and now they both return the exact same results? Either I am loosing it or there is something random going on with this platform.

cja:
Yes I understand there can be slight differences using the current spread so I ran the tests several times with current and fixed spreads, the copy did not produce the same results as the original it was like 2 different EAs it was that different. I have just retested the 2 EAs using a fixed spread and current spread and now they both return the exact same results? Either I am loosing it or there is something random going on with this platform.

I don't think that you are losing it

New tester is extremely unreliable - I guess that they thought to finish that in the end. For now, we have to double check and triple check each and every result we get from tester

Metatrader tester is not something we can use for normal testing. I don't know what they did , but sometimes it is plain stupid results that I am getting with it

Reason: