Metatrader known bugs ... - page 41

mladen:
Just posting the picture :

Things like this are happening now in build 660 (the coloring of the extern parameters - it stays like that till you change anything - you can even add space and delete it - but you must do that at the begining of the code or else you can get "things" like this on the picture - and it will start to work as it should, so no change at all in the code, otherwise it will show wrong colors indefinitely) whenever the code is not the fcused one on opening of the editor (when you have more than one source opened on start of the editor). They were not happening before this last "upgrade". Sorry to tell, but with each "upgrade" just more and more things like this happen. For a moment I thought that they have reverted the editor to the old editor.

"Bravo" metaquotes and "thanks" for all the "improvments" - now we can not count on the editor syntax highlighting any more

No idea of the rest - when I saw this decided not to test anything for further bugs

That is just showing what I told a long time ago : they do not test their own work, and they have no idea what are they doing

checkin:
That is just showing what I told a long time ago : they do not test their own work, and they have no idea what are they doing

Well, it is a notepad with a compiler... solution they have picked up a decade ago. Quite simple for amateurs, and quite a nightmare for coders.

Ovo:
Well, it is a notepad with a compiler... solution they have picked up a decade ago. Quite simple for amateurs, and quite a nightmare for coders.

That is something like notepad with something like compiler

Looks like with build 660 some problems with labels are back

That clock was working correctly for the last few years (even with new builds of metatrader 4)

This is what happened today to it

Files:
labels.gif  76 kb

mladen:
Looks like with build 660 some problems with labels are back

That clock was working correctly for the last few years (even with new builds of metatrader 4)

This is what happened today to it

It seems that it happens when a template is applied to a chart when navigator or something similar is opened and then closed. Still problems with templates - after all this time

What is wrong with this picture :

Take a look on the name of the colors - they are the same. Compiler did not issue any warning at all (as it did for almost 10 years). Build 660. State of the editor and compiler is a disaster

mladen:
What is wrong with this picture :

Take a look on the name of the colors - they are the same. Compiler did not issue any warning at all (as it did for almost 10 years). Build 660. State of the editor and compiler is a disaster

They are calling it "improvements"

Tested it and even a part of code like this :

#property indicator_color1 LimeGreen

#property indicator_color1 Orange

#property indicator_color1 Green

did not cause the compiler to issue any warning or error. I could write as many double values I wanted, and nothing was noticed

checkin:
Tested it and even a part of code like this :
#property indicator_color1 LimeGreen

#property indicator_color1 Green

did not cause the compiler to issue any warning or error. I could write as many double values I wanted, and nothing was noticed

Not just that

Try to use WinUser32.mqh file (that is their official file) and see how many errors you will get - the "nnnnn is illegal for define" errors (errors, not warnings)). This bucket starts to leak at all sides

The same is with stderror.mqh. If you are using the stderror.mqh file in your code (it is used in 90% of EAs - so they are useless now), do not try to recompile the code. This is what you get :

The best is that you DO NOT DOWNLOAD build 660 - it is a complete mess

Files:
errors.gif  74 kb
Reason: