Metatrader known bugs ... - page 29

mladen:
Build 646 : multi time frame indicators are working wrong in visual back test. iCustom() call with 0 as an argument always returns the values of the indicator that was valid when the indicator was dropped on chart. Same thing happens with iTime() and some more functions that depend of time frames. For now, in build 646, multi time frame visual test of indicators can not be used for testing

Does this mean that an MTF indicator with time frame coded as 240 will produce erroneous values in the visual back test using H1 when called through an iCustom call with time frame equal to zero? My interpretation is that this is ok, but if the time frame is coded as "current time frame" and then with an iCustom call of 0 it will produce H1 values when called during a

back test using H4. Are iCustom calls with actual period values, e.g. H1 or H4, ok?

My guess that this problem is caused by the time frame now being saved in the Template file used for the back test. If the template is re-saved just prior to the start of the test with the same time frame as the back test, it may be correct.

Just another good example of FrankenTrader.

The email alert "Test" button doesn't seem to send a test email on 646. Another issue is, the email alerts don't work altogether on 646 -- it eventually reports "Mail: not enough space."

Files:

Sometimes I face a strange compiler malfunction.

I have all my master source files with dependencies (#include) on other source files, which further depend on others and so on. It seems, that editing a deeply nested file and recompiling the master source leads sometimesto improper compilation. It usually discloses with a runtime error immediately, but might stay unnoticed under circumstances, causing hard times to a developer that just made changes with no effect.

I can fix it by "recompiling" some higher nested files (which in fact were never supposed to compile alone). It leads me to assumption, that they may have some pre-compiled cache of .MQH files.

madopter:
The email alert "Test" button doesn't seem to send a test email on 646. Another issue is, the email alerts don't work altogether on 646 -- it eventually reports "Mail: not enough space."

Would someone verify whether their email alerts work in 646? I don't believe the problem is on my end but just need to be certain it's 646. Thanks.

madopter:
Would someone verify whether their email alerts work in 646? I don't believe the problem is on my end but just need to be certain it's 646. Thanks.

All the new metatreder 4 build have big problems with emails

They are trying to force people to use push notifications (in which case they would get some of the money of the cost of the notification)

mladen:
All the new metatreder 4 build have big problems with emails They are trying to force people to use push notifications (in which case they would get some of the money of the cost of the notification)

That's unfortunate because that implies one would have to have a mobile device (iPhone or Android). Silly question: is there a "mobile device" emulator software for PC or Mac? It'd only be used to install the MT4 mobile app in order to obtain the MetaQuotes ID for receiving the PUSH.

if you have a take profit or stop loss with exactly same price as some order, you can not drag it - you have to change it's price manually

This is becoming frustrating - everyday I discover new and new things that do not work as they should - build 646 is a decomposition of a trading platform, not a trading platform

As simple as it gets : you start the terminal, it starts to work, and it closes. You wait that it will update - but no : it does nothing. That happened to me today

Either close it from processes or restart the windows - seems that there will be some updates but this time it also seems that they have problems with updates too

I am frequently getting "global initialization failure" error with some stuff. The stuff that used to work befor. As if there were some secret updates that are hidden from us but that metatrader now has even more errors

Reason: