Metatrader known bugs ... - page 38

Tzuman:
I am having a heck of a problem compiling and testing indicator changes. Each time I compile the indicator, Terminal goes into a loop and ceases to respond. This requires shutting it down and restarting to see the effect of the changes, very tedious. Is this a new MQ "feature" or is there a workaround? I am using 646 and also tried 625 and they both exhibit the same problems.

I am not having that kind of problems (except that when there are more than 512 files in the indicators folder it "makes a pause" before I am able to continue) Using build 654

Datetime parameter is not passed to called indicators when used in iCustom() (did not test eas but I suppose that it is the same). That happens with build 654. With build 646 someone reported a terminal freeze (hangup). Did not test build 646

Attaching 2 test indicators that are showing what is happening (_test indicator should be started - the other is the one that is called using iCustom())

_test.mq4

_test_with_datetime.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Datetime parameter is not passed to called indicators when used in iCustom() (did not test eas but I suppose that it is the same). That happens with build 654. With build 646 someone reported a terminal freeze (hangup). Did not test build 646

Attaching 2 test indicators that are showing what is happening (_test indicator should be started - the other is the one that is called using iCustom())

_test.mq4

_test_with_datetime.mq4

Tested it with build 646. Does not pass the arguments but also it does not freeze the terminal. Maybe that guy have some other problem. Anyway - it does not pas datetime argument correctly

checkin:
Tested it with build 646. Does not pass the arguments but also it does not freeze the terminal. Maybe that guy have some other problem. Anyway - it does not pas datetime argument correctly

Yes

I tested it with build 646 too now and there are no terminal problems.

Looks like that metarader 4 from different brokers can work differently even id the build is the same

checkin:
Looks like that metarader 4 from different brokers can work differently even id the build is the same

Worse kind of bugs for users - very hard to use such trading platform and to have confidence

A fatal error detected in string handling.

Error in StringSubstr()

If the length is zero extract then read until the end.

In the documentation is written that if length = -1 or not specified the parameter read to the end.

Length of an extracted substring. If the parameter value is equal to -1 or parameter isn't set, the substring will be extracted from the indicated position till the string end.

error_stringsubstr.mq4

Files:

I get different signals from the same indicator from two different MT4 platform.I trade EURUSD using M30 time frame.

nevar:
I get different signals from the same indicator from two different MT4 platform.I trade EURUSD using M30 time frame.

On a same broker?

If it is a same broker and same data then it is a big problem

Tzuman:
I am having a heck of a problem compiling and testing indicator changes. Each time I compile the indicator, Terminal goes into a loop and ceases to respond. This requires shutting it down and restarting to see the effect of the changes, very tedious. Is this a new MQ "feature" or is there a workaround? I am using 646 and also tried 625 and they both exhibit the same problems.

The solution, suggested by XARD777 is to disable, uncheck, AutoTrading in the Tools/Options/Expert Advisors tab

Reason: