Metatrader known bugs ... - page 37

mladen:
They claim that it has 30 improvements (sic : 30). They are probably well hidden though

That is like the add that goes like : it removes 75.39% of wrinkles from your face in a week. It s important that you tell that something is improved. The noise that the users are making that it is not so then becomes cheering in their sore ears

It has been reported that in some cases new metatader 654 returns wrong values for Bid and Ask.

checkin,

That is not enough info to be helpful. Who, where, what? Screenshots?

Big Be

Big Be:
checkin,

That is not enough info to be helpful. Who, where, what? Screenshots?

Big Be

This is the original post :

Files:
bid.gif  11 kb

checkin:
This is the original post :

I wonder how he is testing "the indicator in the tester". I suspect him he attached the indicator to the visual chart manually.

Ovo:
I wonder how he is testing "the indicator in the tester". I suspect him he attached the indicator to the visual chart manually.

He is obviously using it in visual back test

Visual back testing some stuff in new metatrader 4 is worthless : a lot of internal functions do not work as they should which makes visual back test of some indicators useless, and Bid and Ask have never worked in indicators in visual back test the way they work in real time

Yes

He was trying it in back test

Here is a real interesting bug or potential new capability.

It is two charts, each with its own scale superimposed on one axis.

The candle sticks are XAUUSD and the Lime/Gray line chart is a 5 period sma standard deviation and the Yellow line is the 5 period SMA of the Standard Deviation.

The Data Window clearly shows just one chart and you can see the maximum STD value of 1.6117 at the top of the right scale.

If it is an undocumented capability, I like if. If it is a bug, I hope MQ does not fix it.

Here's how I think I did it. I am using property STRICT and I declared the indicator as Separate_Window and then painted the panel background in Window 0, Corner 0 and then calculated the line graphs using the standard SetIndex... The chart as shown has no other indicators that paint directly into Window 0,

Interesting, Verrrry Interesting

Files:
overlay.png  136 kb

They will disable that

Whatever is good they disable it

I am having a heck of a problem compiling and testing indicator changes. Each time I compile the indicator, Terminal goes into a loop and ceases to respond. This requires shutting it down and restarting to see the effect of the changes, very tedious.

Is this a new MQ "feature" or is there a workaround? I am using 646 and also tried 625 and they both exhibit the same problems.

Reason: