Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 67

Good news is that in visual back test indicators can be tested as we are used to do it (not like in metatrader 5). Even the mult time frame indicators are working OK in visual back test

Latest error in the newest build (have no idea what should it mean):

2013.12.26 23:47:59.014 TestEA EURUSD,H1: 4156 leaked strings left

checkin:
Latest error in the newest build (have no idea what should it mean):

They are probably keeping those error messages in order to track their own errors and to correct those (at least that would seem a logical cause - otherwise it would not be smart to inform a user about "leaking")

When I start the platform it informs me that a new build update 568 is available but does not update, I have tried everything I can think of including a fresh download but nothing wants to update to the latest build. Any ideas?

cja:
When I start the platform it informs me that a new build update 568 is available but does not update, I have tried everything I can think of including a fresh download but nothing wants to update to the latest build. Any ideas?

That is probably a problem with their update server (sometimes they do have that kind of a problem). Usually they correct it in some foreseeable time

mladen:
That is probably a problem with their update server (sometimes they do have that kind of a problem). Usually they correct it in some foreseeable time

Hi mladen,

Yes my platform just updated to 568.

There appears to be an issue with this build concerning labels and webdings, from what I have found the logic that used to prevail was if one label was set with a name ""AA" it would set below another label with the name "BB" which meant you could label a background with a label name of "AA" and it would load below a label with the name "BB".

Build 560 did not have these issues and loaded objects the same way the current MT4 does it. Its almost like MetaQuotes take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back at the same time, they fix one issue then create some new ones in the process.

Files:
old_build.gif  92 kb
new_build.gif  96 kb

I have had a play with Signal Bars and updated it to run on the new MT4 builds 560 to 568, it uses a combination of the old MT4 code and some of the new MT4 code, I guess you could call it a hybrid. The same conditions as the previous MT4 version applies and requires the password "free_at_tsd" placed into the inputs for it to work.

I have just discovered that the ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE code works on the latest build 568 ( ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE did not work on build 560 where I used a different code to give drop down price inputs ) so I have updated the Signal Bars v11a to ENUM_APPLIED_PRICEprice code.

signal_bars_11.ex4

signal_bars_11a.ex4

cja:
Hi mladen,

Yes my platform just updated to 568.

There appears to be an issue with this build concerning labels and webdings, from what I have found the logic that used to prevail was if one label was set with a name ""AA" it would set below another label with the name "BB" which meant you could label a background with a label name of "AA" and it would load below a label with the name "BB".

Build 560 did not have these issues and loaded objects the same way the current MT4 does it. Its almost like MetaQuotes take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back at the same time, they fix one issue then create some new ones in the process.

cja

Seems that labels are still having problems (I have problems with some labels too). They sometimes display one way, then the other way (and I am using a plain labels with simple Arial font (so, not using webdings). Seems that in general they still have problems with objects

I would like to begin a conversion and evaluation but I did not see any specific link to the download. Can someone post a link to access the download file.

Thanks, Tzuman

Tzuman:
I would like to begin a conversion and evaluation but I did not see any specific link to the download. Can someone post a link to access the download file. Thanks, Tzuman

Tzuman

Take a look at these two posts : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page20 and this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page23

Reason: