Metatrader known bugs ... - page 44

Buttons and metatrader 4: if you have buttons on chart and the button is not pressed, metatrader will send a REASON_CHARTCHANGE to OnDeinit(). But if any of the buttons you have is pressed metatrader will send REASON_REMOVE to OnDeinit() (and not always - did not find any logic when does it send REASON_REMOVE but eventually it will do so when you change time frames or symbols)

Nothing has changed except of the state of the button that became pressed. One more bug for the collection

mladen:
Buttons and metatrader 4: if you have buttons on chart and the button is not pressed, metatrader will send a REASON_CHARTCHANGE to OnDeinit(). But if any of the buttons you have is pressed metatrader will send REASON_REMOVE to OnDeinit() (and not always - did not find any logic when does it send REASON_REMOVE but eventually it will do so when you change time frames or symbols) Nothing has changed except of the state of the button that became pressed. One more bug for the collection

One more error that will never be corrected (they started promoting some "new metatrader 5" with bug improvements 0 magazine buying from metatrader 5 too) = we are going to wait years that this thing becomes predictable

In case this hasn't been reported already, the PUSH alerts stopped working as of yesterday. The EMAIL alerts had also stopped working about a month ago or so as well. Is there any way to get an alert with this POS? (sorry about the "language" but I can't imagine how incompetent this company is in real life if the can't even get the alerts right)

madopter:
In case this hasn't been reported already, the PUSH alerts stopped working as of yesterday. The EMAIL alerts had also stopped working about a month ago or so as well. Is there any way to get an alert with this POS? (sorry about the "language" but I can't imagine how incompetent this company is in real life if the can't even get the alerts right)

Unfortunately it does not send an email to a regular smtp server either (before it was a problem with IMAP and HTTP mail servers).

mladen:
Unfortunately it does not send an email to a regular smtp server either (before it was a problem with IMAP and HTTP mail servers).

They don't care about emails

And push notifications are probably not as profitable as they were hoping - which could be the reason why they stopped working

Today it has been two months since I submitted a bug about indicator windows. They do not seem to bother with fixing, so I will share it here.

In short, they have broken layout, when you set CHART_HEIGHT_IN_PIXELS.

In case you want to try what I mean, I appended two blank indicators. Open a clean chart, add FixedDummy, then FloatingDummy.

fixeddummy.mq4

floatingdummy.mq4

1. Dragging the border between indicators is possible only downwards.

2. Fully hiding the chart window by dragging the lower window edge will completely remove chart after resizing back.

To escape from the bug use ctrl+A (reset layouts).

Files:

mladen:
The same is with stderror.mqh. If you are using the stderror.mqh file in your code (it is used in 90% of EAs - so they are useless now), do not try to recompile the code. This is what you get :

The best is that you DO NOT DOWNLOAD build 660 - it is a complete mess

At least they corrected this error

Metatdaer just can not help themselves : now they again have a major mess with objects (specifically buttons in this case). What looked like this (see the position of the buttons) :

Now, with build 670, looks like this (no code change, no recompilation, I did not even touch the freaking code since I made it) :

So far I haven't said anything like this, but now I will : this pathetic thing calling itself a trading platform, is not worth a sheet of a dirty toilet paper. Making f... ups like this all the time is the stupidest thing that any "developer" is capable of doing. Ridiculous. DO NOT UPDATE TO BUILD 670. IT IS A COMPLETE MESS

Files:

Nothing new : as usual metaquotes thinks that developing means making it worse each time not better. They probably got a wrong dictionary for the "development" and "progress" words

Guys

We have to do what is obvious (Occam's razor rule) and conclude the following : metatrader will not got better. Period

Reason: