hi all

whats news in forward test ??

I am forward testing 2 versions:

DSS3_MA EA

and

Dss Ichi_Ea

I just changed stoploss from 50 to 150.

Lot size 0.01

Both versions are profitable but anyway - those versions should be improved to reduce drawdown or to make more good entry for example.

I have some ideas so I will express about it during the weekend.

===============

- DSS3 EA is on this post. It is very original version of 3 Double smoothed stochastic 2 indicators working in overbought/oversolded way for buy or sell. Rules to trade is here.

- DSS3_MA EA is on this post.

- Dss Ichi_Ea is on this post; first variation of the settings is here; the settings of Big Joe is here.

newdigital:

Both versions are profitable but anyway - those versions should be improved to reduce drawdown or to make more good entry for example.

Based on your manual testing results for DSS3, I'd say you have found the grail

and can start printing money whenever the need arises.

Rob

===============

- DSS3 EA is on this post. It is very original version of 3 Double smoothed stochastic 2 indicators working in overbought/oversolded way for buy or sell. Rules to trade is here.

- Dss Ichi_Ea is on this post; first variation of the settings is here; the settings of Big Joe is here.

It is difficult to automate it ... so we are automating it step by step.

newdigital:
I am forward testing 2 versions:

DSS3_MA EA

and

Dss Ichi_Ea

I just changed stoploss from 50 to 150.

Lot size 0.01

===============

Waiting to know your ideas and tests.

Unfortunatelly I can't do tests now due to travel and work, but following this thread with much interest.

Regards,

fxnewbie:
Waiting to know your ideas and tests.

Unfortunatelly I can't do tests now due to travel and work, but following this thread with much interest.

Regards,

I am busy with elite section now and with calendar so for the statements tomorow, ok?

Just generally talking so we should improve the version for I-XO indicator. In this case (2 stoch indicators + directional MA + I-XO) may look like strong trading system.

Because you know ... if we are having take profit 12 so ... one good lose will kill all job for 1 week ... if we are having take profit 70 so stoploss 50 is too small for this system (it should be stoploss 150 if take profit 70).

But with I-XO indicator - this system will become a normal system and we do not need to keep take profit 12 any time.

Besides ... when I traded manually so my stop loss levels and take profit levels were lines on MA channel on the chart. If we can code this changes - it will be really good.

I will elaborate everything later sorry (because it is just the ideas only).

Next step - market condition tool (for forecasting of the market condition). Very simple one (simple tool will allow us to improve on the future). It may be most difficult part. Next step is not very difficult as Mladen already made some coding which allow EAs/tools to "speak" between each other: so, this market condition tool may tell to our EA about "open buy" or "open sell" or do not trade this pair today.

It is the plan.

newdigital:
I am busy with elite section now and with calendar so for the statements tomorow, ok?

Just generally talking so we should improve the version for I-XO indicator. In this case (2 stoch indicators + directional MA + I-XO) may look like strong trading system.

Because you know ... if we are having take profit 12 so ... one good lose will kill all job for 1 week ... if we are having take profit 70 so stoploss 50 is too small for this system (it should be stoploss 150 if take profit 70).

But with I-XO indicator - this system will become a normal system and we do not need to keep take profit 12 any time.

Besides ... when I traded manually so my stop loss levels and take profit levels were lines on MA channel on the chart. If we can code this changes - it will be really good.

Next step - market condition tool (for forecasting of the market condition). Very simple one (simple tool will allow us to improve on the future). It may be most difficult part. Next step is not very difficult as Mladen already made some coding which allow EAs/tools to "speak" between each other: so, this market condition tool may tell to our EA about "open buy" or "open sell" or do not trade this pair today.

It is the plan.

Well done keep it up

newdigital:

It is the plan.

Waiting ......

Early I have done a little manual trading test with the conceptof this system using Ma's instead DSS, archieving 4 wining entries and +180 net pips. I will do more tests when I return home.

I think using MA's instead DSS3 is easier to code an EA. Only problem is that I use two different TF for confirmation/signal, so EA must be able to work with two TF.

I think that this have the advantage to lower the SL and maximize the TP. Disavantage: seems wining rate decline ( 4 wining of about 220 pips and one loser of 40 pips in my little test). Will see.

However, this thread is about DSS3 and I don't pretend to change it. Your ideas allready looks very good to test (and your results too)

newdigital:
This is forward testing results for

DSS3_MA EA

M1 timeframe.

EA with default settings is attached:

stoploss = 150

takeprofit = 70

trailingstop = 12

lotsize = 0.01

I did not check the market condition before switching EA on for the pair so it may eb some drawdown because of that (we can see drawdown in dollars as the distance between blue and yellow lines on visual statement chart).

Metatrader statement:

Visual statement for EURUSD:

Visual statement for USDCAD:

I will continue forward testing/trading for all the apirs just to see - which pairs will be profitable for this system (and to check max floating drawdown for every pair - it may be related to lot size and to initial deposit size to be selected).

===============

Possible improvement:

It may be good to improve this attached DSS3_MA EA to include I-XO indicator for buy/sell confirmation (red color is for sell confirmation, bue - for buy).

===============

- DSS3_MA EA is on this post. Settings for this EA is on this post.

It maybe good to include I-XO indicator, i will test it. At the same time i got few indicators to use for filters. Will post the idea here once it is working.

matfx:
It maybe good to include I-XO indicator, i will test it. At the same time i got few indicators to use for filters. Will post the idea here once it is working.

yes, this (I-XO) indicator is good filter. As I remember - Scalp_net v1.5 EA (EMA crossing with MACD) and EasyLMA EA (MA corrsing on s/r way) are using this indicator as a filer.

This I-XO is good when we are having simple standard/classical system and need to filter false signals.

Reason: