TheCubeFX | RAS ID 33354 - page 2

TheCube - to continue

ZioBoje:
So,

larger time frames = larger stop loss used?.....

I would prefer to trade with tighter stop loss instead, even if this could means lose 1-1.5 pips profit due to RAS EA/server delay and Alpari UK absurd spread.

You said earlier that would have increased the take profit (in pips) on your actual TheCube signals, and this change by your side, in my opinion, should have been enough (that is, the right thing to do) to assure a reasonable profit for everyone....

In this way, I think you completely change your system, moving from a moderate scalping to a mid term/long term one, that will certainly require (due to its wider stop loss) also much more capital to start trade it.

Bad news for me (and, probably, for many other) your latest post .....

Please, reconsider your decision, if possible.

Thanks,

ZioB

Origionaly TheCube, or TheCubeFX strategy has been designed to get in and out under 1 hour, either with profit or small loss. The reason behind this is quite simple. Forex Trading is a risky market. The less exposure, the less the draw down. I once heard someone said: "If we knew exactly which direction to trade, why do we still use a stop loss?". 100% acurate signals do not exist in this market and therefore TheCube is in and out quickly.

Then came along the issue of the spread and the lag between RAS and the broker...

I suppose you are right ZioB. If I can maintain my tight stop loss and increase minimum tp to 12 or even 15 pips that would make up for the spread and lag issue.

Let me get my head around this over the weekend, but I guess it does make more sense than to adopt my strategy to a higher time frame, which will bring along a wider sl and more draw down, which is what I'm trying to avoid. My current stats are looking quite impressive if I must say so myself. Adjusting the tp slightly and my subscribers can enjoy almost similar results...

I think I've just answered my own question

TheCube will continue, but this time with a slightly increased tp. Let's run it through the month of February and see how it goes.

Thanks for all you feedback!

Regards,

TheCubeFX:
Origionaly TheCube, or TheCubeFX strategy has been designed to get in and out under 1 hour, either with profit or small loss. The reason behind this is quite simple. Forex Trading is a risky market. The less exposure, the less the draw down. I once heard someone said: "If we knew exactly which direction to trade, why do we still use a stop loss?". 100% acurate signals do not exist in this market and therefore TheCube is in and out quickly.

Then came along the issue of the spread and the lag between RAS and the broker...

I suppose you are right ZioB. If I can maintain my tight stop loss and increase minimum tp to 12 or even 15 pips that would make up for the spread and lag issue.

Let me get my head around this over the weekend, but I guess it does make more sense than to adopt my strategy to a higher time frame, which will bring along a wider sl and more draw down, which is what I'm trying to avoid. My current stats are looking quite impressive if I must say so myself. Adjusting the tp slightly and my subscribers can enjoy almost similar results...

I think I've just answered my own question

TheCube will continue, but this time with a slightly increased tp. Let's run it through the month of February and see how it goes.

Thanks for all you feedback!

Regards,

TY for your correct analysis....

Yes, also looking at your latest EURUSD Short trade, I already noticed that you closed it too earlier (getting 6 pips profit only), instead to leave it open until it reached its natural t/p at 1.3704 (for a 50 pips profit).

So, your trades already have a larger potential target "inside", and widening their t/p fixing it to a minimum of 12-15 pips should not represent a problem of course....

ZioB

Gold

Completely off the topic, but I thought you guys might be interested in this. The Gold daily chart bouncing off support since Oct 2008. RSI also setup nicely for a long trade.

My guess is go long with stop just under support line and tp at about 1.4000.

Cheers!

Files:
gold.gif  122 kb

Gold

TheCubeFX:
Completely off the topic, but I thought you guys might be interested in this. The Gold daily chart bouncing off support since Oct 2008. RSI also setup nicely for a long trade.

My guess is go long with stop just under support line and tp at about 1.4000.

Cheers!

Hi.

Could you, please, tell us some more details about the system you use to trade Gold? (Is it a scalping system, for instance, or a mid/long term one)

I always thought to trade it, but I didn't find yet a good and reliable system to trade Gold profitably.

Thanks,

ZioB

ZioBoje:
Hi.

Could you, please, tell us some more details about the system you use to trade Gold? (Is it a scalping system, for instance, or a mid/long term one)

I always thought to trade it, but I didn't find yet a good and reliable system to trade Gold profitably.

Thanks,

ZioB

I trade gold by what I hear in the news. As far as I understand it there is a shortage of gold and that will always be the case, unless new gold mines are discovered and credit is available to develop these mines. In the meantime I trade ( buy ) Gold on the Daily Chart as it bounce of the support or as it runs into oversold on the rsi. My trades can be open for days at a time so definitely med to long term.

Here are 2 articles for you to read:

Brace Yourself For A Big Gold Shortage

"Buy Gold, You Morons!" | Gold News

Down 10%

This is great, although many would say, what is so great about losing 10% of your capital in one day...

This would give me a chance to show you how my system works. If I loose 10% of my capital I stop trading for a day or two to give my subscribers a change to look at their options. They can get out right away by unsubscribing, or they could stick around for the next "trading cycle" to start.

You must remember, every trader hits a loss in his/her career. This 10% loss was mine and I stopped trading to avoid any further loss. Looking at what I made in Jan and for Feb so far I'm still up 12,5% on my account, so this is not a actual loss, more like an emergency stop.

No trading for the rest of day or tomorrow - I'll continue trading on Wednesday morning when London opens. In the meantime I'll keep an eye on the charts so that I'm ready come Wednesday morning.

Questions welcome!

Let's go

Under current conditions, having only 1 subscriber that joined me a day ot two ago, I'm going to start trading today in order to get back what I lost yesterday.

I trust this is in order with you guys and my subscriber.

Cheers,

Eurjpy

The EURJPY is visiting resistance on H1 for the 4th time since 27 Jan. Will it break or will it reverse?

TheCubeFX:
Under current conditions, having only 1 subscriber that joined me a day ot two ago, I'm going to start trading today in order to get back what I lost yesterday.

I trust this is in order with you guys and my subscriber.

Cheers,

Recovered 6% of my loss yesterday.

Is 1% enough?

Is 1% enough? That is the question I ask myself everytime before I trade. TheCube strategy makes 1% profit for every 10 pips. On the other hand, if I loose 10 pips I loose 10% of my account balance.

However, if you were given one day to make one trade, won't your spot the at least 10 pips or 20 pips?

My question to my subscribers is this:

Will you be happy if I only trade once per day banking only + - 15 pips? Will you be happy with only 1% roi per day?

Regards,

Reason: