MONEY MAKING manual trading system - page 8

James the Giant:
This is a great strategy, aulthough I think you overlooked that you could create a better trading strategy by just using one of your indicators on many timeframes. Its funny you overlooked this.

Hi James the Giant,

Thank you for your comment,

if you had in mind about using SSL in different time frames and build the strategy on it , i didn't overlooked it. In fact that was my first option which i explored. SSL on multiple timeframes (higher as filters and lower for signals) as i explained in one my earlier posts is lagging indi and that's i decided to use NonLagMA with SSL in combination. But as i said all variations/improvements are welcome

Happy trading!

can't believe this! I tried on 15 min EUR/US from Nov 1st to Dec 1st.

Deposit 10000

lot 1

Profit: 3788.90

profit factor 13.63

total trades 20 (only one lose trade)

relative draw down 4.08%

is this too good to be true?

The SSL bar can be trades on mtf but only if you trade before candle closes. The first signal from blue to red on any timeframe is a good sign to enter or exit. The indicator really only lags if you wait for candle closes.

What settings and timeframes did you first try to develop a SSL bar strategy on?

Thanks

EA results for December for EUR/USD pair is pretty bad....I wonder if I made any mistake testing the EA? I just used SL30 TP 50 TS 20.

The Dec trade is from trade #21 and later...no success trade from Dec 1st to Dec 12....

For Aud/USD the result for Nov and Dec are stable...

Files:
nov-dec.jpg  164 kb

Dont rely on strategy tester shiningstar. Strategy testers give you random market data that is nothing like real market moves. You can only test a strategy in a real market on demo, or on a market simulation to get accurate results.

Hi,

I think visual mode should be the same like simulator, correct? When I test the EA, I used the visual mode.

I am really new at EA...

I will test it on my demo account next week to see what the result will be!

Files:
visualmode.jpg  385 kb

Well visual mode gives you the same fake tick data that the auto strategy tester would give you. Since your doing visual mode, just get a trade simulator like LFH trade simulator that will give you real historical data.

James the Giant:
Well visual mode gives you the same fake tick data that the auto strategy tester would give you. Since your doing visual mode, just get a trade simulator like LFH trade simulator that will give you real historical data.

I see! Thanks so much. I will check the LFH trade simulator...

shiningstar:
I see! Thanks so much. I will check the LFH trade simulator...

Not to forget that your modelling quality was pretty low too.

If you want more or less reliable EA results then you have to forward test, in my opinion

Reason: