gody6000:
hi, iam looking for buy Harmonic Patterns Indicator can any one help me..txs

try ZUP indicator its free

check first page of this thread

stopped on EURUSD for -40 pips

2 new setups on EURJPY and GBPJPY, entry/stop/targets on chart

Files:

Great thread.

Would like to look back say over a year on different timeframes to see how many times the gartleys/butterflys were successful or failed.

Is there a setting in the ZUP_58 so that the patterns can be drawn for the previous year, not just the present one?

thanx

rolange:
Great thread.

Would like to look back say over a year on different timeframes to see how many times the gartleys/butterflys were successful or failed.

Is there a setting in the ZUP_58 so that the patterns can be drawn for the previous year, not just the present one?

thanx

Hi! I think that the Strategy Tester tool built in Metatrader can do a good work for you. You should attach the ZUP indicator to a chart and save the template, give it exactly the same name as an EA you have in you "experts" folder and that can be tested in the Strategy Tester, and then test the EA in it the with "Visual mode" switched to on. You will see a market simulation created from the history files, and the indicator will draw itself as if it were working on the real market.

wananohoshi:
Hi! I think that the Strategy Tester tool built in Metatrader can do a good work for you. You should attach the ZUP indicator to a chart and save the template, give it exactly the same name as an EA you have in you "experts" folder and that can be tested in the Strategy Tester, and then test the EA in it the with "Visual mode" switched to on. You will see a market simulation created from the history files, and the indicator will draw itself as if it were working on the real market.

Thanx

Unfortunately the patterns appear solid but then disappear just leaving a web of lines and then after 5 months low virtual memory warning appeared and it stopped drawing the lines altogether!

any way around this?

I have played back stopping and pausing to analyse patterns as they appear for the six months from sept. 2006

Sadly a 75% failure rate (I mean totally reversed the wrong way)

This may be due to

1. weaknesses in MT4 or

2.the patterns don't work well in that six months period or on 1 hourly

3. the tolerance is too loose in the ZUP_

What I did observe is that the successful patterns were the result of precisely following the parameters such as exact ratio proportions and AB =CD

Rolange

Trading is primarily dicretionary. the patterns have to be interpreted by each person on an individual basis....

And the study takes a long time.....

I think L Pesavento has about 70 per cent success rate after many years of study.

Blaiserboy:
Rolange

Trading is primarily dicretionary. the patterns have to be interpreted by each person on an individual basis....

And the study takes a long time.....

I think L Pesavento has about 70 per cent success rate after many years of study.

I see my hopes of strolling around the links while the money comes rolling

in via Gartley EA have been severly dashed.

Onto the next Holy Grail. Must be around here somewhere!

rolange:

3. the tolerance is too loose in the ZUP_

Change ExtDeltaGartley

Reason: