Indicators with alerts/signal - page 9

How to add alarm to any indicator

Hi

I see a lot of people here asking to add alarm when an indicator is light up. Especially when a arrow/bullet is turn on.

Actually, it is very simple task. All you have to do is follow the following instructions.

1) Every indicator has an indicator array that keep the values of the indicator. Values can be 0 or not 0. To find out the indicator name look for the command: SetIndexBuffer

In the indicator editor it should look like this

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer);

SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2);

This lines tell us that we have 2 indicator buffers

2) Look when the indicator buffer change its value.

In the example above we will look to line that contains the following patter:

ExtMapBuffer[number] = where number can be a figure or a name. For example: if(res!=0.0) ExtMapBuffer[shift]=res;

if after the equal sign there is 0 do nothing.

3) Change it to make an alarm.

After finding the value setting line we will add an alarm to it.

a) add { before the setting. In the example above :

if(res!=0.0) {ExtMapBuffer[shift]=res;

b) add the Alert command after the ;. In the example above:

if(res!=0.0) { ExtMapBuffer[shift]=res;

Alert("Indicator set");

}

Do not forget to close the }

4) repeat for every buffer value setting

Compile and you have an indicator with alert

Hope it will help you

Thank you Elihayun

I will attempt to do this with an indicator. Learning this bit of programming would be good for me rather than to rely on others, I appreciate the instruction.

~Nebula

u are welcome

Nebula:
I will attempt to do this with an indicator. Learning this bit of programming would be good for me rather than to rely on others, I appreciate the instruction. ~Nebula

u are welcome

Braintrend2sig

Please can any one send the Braintrend2sig indicator with sound alarm!!

thanks

elihayun:
I change it for you. If you know how to program, use my changes as a guidlines

Thanks a lot Eli.

Please check your PM.

Yes that Fisher is a very nice indicator. Is there any negatives to it that you are aware of? Do you have other variants that you find helpful or is the one you have here the best one in your opinion? I am looking at the ADX cross indicators and they are very nice too, but the fisher seems to actually filter poor adx cross signals, very helpful. If you like Fisher you may want to look into ADXcross as well.

A Fisher _yur4k that would change color based on height of histogram (green higher red lower type of thing) woud be helpful as peak is often good exit point/tp point for partial position removal during trends. Anyone interested in this or able to instruct as to how to do it?

Nebula

Edited to say: I have read another thread that discusses Fisher indicators at length and now understand them better.

Wav file for Alerts

Here is a wav file which could be used in place of alert.wav.

This one plays a bit longer.

Wav file for Alerts

Oh well looks like I can't upload wav files.

Fisher alert

Thank you Trader79. I will try this and see how it works. I am comparing FX_Fish to Fisher_Yur4ik, there does see to be minor differences. Also a Russian FNCD indicator is interesting to compare, it does not seem to change on recent bars as much. These indicators are very nice esp with Step_Rsi for a filter it seems.

Nebula

Edit: Your Fisher w/ alert is like the FX_FISH indicator in the results it plots rather than like the Fisher_Yur4ik I have that Yur4ik modified to not change the past bars. This is maybe good for me because I am liking the plot of the FX_Fish better than the Fisher_Yur4ik although it changes more, it is not substantial. So thank you very much for creating a zero line cross alert.

Reason: