Indicators with alerts/signal - page 532

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
lover:
I want to ask a question to the pros in here, does the word adaptive in the indicators names means that the indicator is going to repaint or recalculate and shouldnt be used as a signal entry purpose? ( for example adaptive rsx or ma or adaptive this or that.) also i want to know the meaning of the word.. interpolate,, inside of the indicator settings. it says interpolate true or false, what does it means.

No repainting

Imagine this : instead of using fixed period for calculation, the indicator first "looks" (there are quite a few ways how can it be done) what is happening in market and if the market is changing fast it shortens the calculation period. The same is done in the opposite way : if (like Asian sessions are usually) nothing happens in the market, then longer calculation periods are used

So in the end you do not know what is the exact calculating period used for calculations since the indicator adapts to market all the time (some bounds are placed, otherwise it would not be possible to have "faster" and "slower" instances, but it is changing all the time within those bounds). All that is done without any need for recalculation (repainting) so those indicators are not recalculating/repainting indicators

lover
lover  
mladen:
No repainting

Imagine this : instead of using fixed period for calculation, the indicator first "looks" (there are quite a few ways how can it be done) what is happening in market and if the market is changing fast it shortens the calculation period. The same is done in the opposite way : if (like Asian sessions are usually) nothing happens in the market, then longer calculation periods are used

So in the end you do not know what is the exact calculating period used for calculations since the indicator adapts to market all the time (some bounds are placed, otherwise it would not be possible to have "faster" and "slower" instances, but it is changing all the time within those bounds). All that is done without any need for recalculation (repainting) so those indicators are not recalculating/repainting indicators

hehehe got it .. adaptive is indicator adapting to market conditions nothing to do with repainting, but what does INTERPOLATE,. TRUE OR FALSE in the indicator settings means, i have a bunch of indicators that has that now i dont know weather to keep it true or false since i dont know what it means

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
lover:
hehehe got it .. adaptive is indicator adapting to market conditions nothing to do with repainting, but what does INTERPOLATE,. TRUE OR FALSE in the indicator settings means, i have a bunch of indicators that has that now i dont know weather to keep it true or false since i dont know what it means

If we are thinking about the same interpolate now, it is used only in multi time frame mode to avoid that step like look that "classical" multi time frame indicators have and usually it is linear interpolation (Linear interpolation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) applied between the 2 significant values/points

ateciakfx
ateciakfx  

Please add email alert to indicator

bot14
bot14  
Pava:
tried running it for a few hours?

Yes, and did not see no problems...

William Snyder
William Snyder  
ateciakfx:
Please add email alert to indicator

Ateciakfx, added email alerts.

ateciakfx
ateciakfx  

thank you very much mrtools

vickya
vickya  

mrtools.

Thank you again for your help. The last indicator (Bollinger bands with alerts) works great: gives alerts when candle closes above upper or below lower band.

The other one from earlier today showes alerts when price crosses center band.

I am still looking for alerts on price crossing outside bands only. Trying to test it on M1 but can't get it right. Promise not to bother you anymore:)

William Snyder
William Snyder  
vicky.a.:
mrtools.

Thank you again for your help. The last indicator (Bollinger bands with alerts) works great: gives alerts when candle closes above upper or below lower band.

The other one from earlier today showes alerts when price crosses center band.

I am still looking for alerts on price crossing outside bands only. Trying to test it on M1 but can't get it right. Promise not to bother you anymore:)

Vicky.a., when price closes above upper and lower band its the same as price crossing the upper and lower band,so when the close price crosses and the close of that bar crosses the upper or lower band the indicator will alert, also do not worry about bothering me its no problem.

vickya
vickya  

Mrtools, you are absolutly right.

But with my settings on Bollinger bands I would not get many alerts if any.

Not that many candles close above 2.5 or 3.0 but the price crosses those bands often.

Since there is an alert on crossing the center band, I thought it was posssible to get one for the upper and lower ones also.

If not, that's ok, too.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.