Requests & Ideas - page 6

How to interpret, please ?

Hi, Gafet ! What are the rules in order to work with this

setup - how could we learn from the screenshot that the average full cycle is 56 ? And what kind of bands are you using on renko chart? Thank you

in advance ! Mikhael

Mikhael Pankov:
Hi, Gafet ! What are the rules in order to work with this

setup - how could we learn from the screenshot that the average full cycle is 56 ? And what kind of bands are you using on renko chart? Thank you

in advance ! Mikhael

Hi Mikhael,

On the capture, the cycle is calculated from the last 10 periods of the last movements.

The capture represents a range, it is not always so easy.

It's just an example.

Request help for coding.

now I am studying and coding EA.

I want to include this kind of trading rule.

For example.

when the impact news coming out , closing all trade and

no trade for 15min.

It is like opposite version of News trader.

Can any TSD stuff post the before 5min impact news,

close all trade and sleep 15min ?

like TimeToCloseAndSleep() function.

News trader looks downloading TSD Calender and write csv file, then

every tick read csv file until the time muches.

this whole process is done by every tick movement.

if What I wrote above is true, is there anyway to save computer power ?

or is there any reason to download TSD Calender and write csv so often?

I do not think that it will be afffected on any computer power as I am trading NewsTrading EA with many pairs and it is nothing with power: EA will know about every news events for the week on Monday morning and "wake up" some minutes before news coming.

I am not a coder but I think that it is possible.

kokoriso7:
now I am studying and coding EA.

I want to include this kind of trading rule.

For example.

when the impact news coming out , closing all trade and

no trade for 15min.

It is like opposite version of News trader.

Can any TSD stuff post the before 5min impact news,

close all trade and sleep 15min ?

like TimeToCloseAndSleep() function.

News trader looks downloading TSD Calender and write csv file, then

every tick read csv file until the time muches.

this whole process is done by every tick movement.

if What I wrote above is true, is there anyway to save computer power ?

or is there any reason to download TSD Calender and write csv so often?

Hi Kokoriso7,

Glad you brought this up, know of an Ea exactly like you are talking about but it uses another forums calender indicator and seems to use a lot of computer power, been meaning to change it to TSD calender but got busy with other things and forgot, but will start on it this week, and will try to make it so its an easy thing to transfer to your Ea and to me the TSD calender uses less computer power than the other one.

Regards

tools

Thanks mr tools.

Thank you mr tools and ND.

I will study hard to become like you, mr tools.

TSD has lots of good ideas , knowledge, and good evaluator.

so it is good to build component of EA parts.

Let's say,

range time scalping components, from Polyfitscalper.

that component provide good range scalping time.

something like that.

Then TSD Advanced Elite Section will be more attractive for the developers.

I want more trader come to this advance section and discuss high level trading technique and method.

Mix Renko Charts

Hi all,

i have a question for brilliant programmers at this great forum :

Is possible create a renko chart in mt4 that have more then 1 pair in it ? for instance, combine the eurusd and gbpusd, and make a renko chart from this both pairs ?

regards,

request for evaluation EA

ND

is it possible to give me, the EA which evaluate EA.

that you are using.

sorry I can not explain well.

I mean this picture below.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/71/polyfitscalper_v159_risky_2304_image.gif

this summary of report looks like set magic number, initial deposit.

then summarize trading results according to EA.

that is very useful to some number of EA.

kokoriso7:
ND

is it possible to give me, the EA which evaluate EA.

that you are using.

sorry I can not explain well.

I mean this picture below.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/71/polyfitscalper_v159_risky_2304_image.gif

this summary of report looks like set magic number, initial deposit.

then summarize trading results according to EA.

that is very useful to some number of EA.

i too would be interested in this ND if you dont mind

Adaptors for indicators , interesting reading from another forum, enjoy ...

One approach has been to use self-adaptive indicators which change their behaviour based on market conditions. TPs & SLs based on ATR for example, expand & contract based on recent range. This behavior allows them to automatically adapt to changes in price action, where fixed TPs & SLs do not. The Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) and Adaptive RSI (ARSI) and Chande's CDMA are some other examples.

VIDYA/CDMA by Tushar Chande Tradestation Indicators Forex Trading Systems - XEATrade - Metatrader, Metastock, Tradestation, Amibroker - indicators, expert

KAMA & ARSI use "Kaufman's Efficiency Ratio" to speed up or slow down the MA & RSI. Chande's CDMA uses ADX.

Mark Jurik used his ADX-like Composite Fractal Behavior (CFB) indicator in a similar way.

"CFB (Composite Fractal Behavior, Jurik Research) is an index that reveals the market's trending time frame, ideal for creating adaptive window sizes of various technical indicators."

Mark Jurik Research Technical Indicators: JMA, VEL, CFB, RSX

Here's a screenshot of the Bowfort Adaptive RSI that uses "r-squared" as the adaptor (I read that Bowfort is also using VHF indicator as an adaptor ):

Products — Bowfort Technologies Inc.

I think FRASMA may be considered self adaptive also, as it uses a measure of Fractal Dimension to adaptively control a moving average:

"The SMA is accelerated during a trend and slowed down during a sideways market, so as to avoid false signals. It's using the fractal dimension as computed by ... fractal_dimension.mq4, and makes use of it to smooth the SMA." FRASMA: Fractally Modified Simple Moving Average - MQL4 Code Base Fractial Period & Shift for SMA, EMA, SSMA, LWMA - MQL4 Code Base

~

Self adaptive indicators are not the complete ultimate solution however; for example:

"There are a number of popular indicators that use range in their calculation. One of the problems with using range based indicators is that the optimum lookback period seems to change over time causing this type of indicator to eventually give false signals over that fixed lookback period."

"To try and avoid the false signals generated by a single lookback period we create a range indicator that uses a variable lookback period."

The Maximum Likelihood Range System

~

Another approach is to use optimization fairly frequently to determine what the optimum settings of EA input parameters would have been in recent price action. Then use the discovered parameters in the EA until performance drops off again. The EA is periodically 'retuned' to fit recent price action.

Some debate has raged in the past about this as some (many) kinds of trading systems are susceptible to "overfitting" recent price-action data...that is, they can trade the past perfectly after being tuned by the optimizer, but they may not be able to continue working well on unseen data.

On the other hand, advocates of this approach say that some kinds of systems are "robust" enough to benefit from this retuning, and that changing market dynamics demand periodic retuning.

Some interesting discussion about some of this and more here:

Power Walk Forward Optimizer

Walk Forward Performance Explorer

Walk Forward Performance Metric Explorer

Surface Walk Forward Performance Explorer

http://www.meyersanalytics.com/publications/optsys.pdf

http://www.meyersanalytics.com/publications/tricked.pdf

~

There are other approaches as well...such as slicing historical price action data into 'seasonal' batches and looking for commonalities among the batches. This can be done at various resolutions, monthly, trading day of the month, trading day of the week, time of day, etc.

Reason: