Indicators with alerts/signal - page 534

vickya
vickya  

Thank you for BolliToucher1 indi! It works great.

I was looking for this for a long time.

Is there a way to change bands diviation to 2.2 and 2.5?

I was trying it but it won't let me do this. I can change it only to 3.

lover
lover  
vicky.a.:
Thank you for BolliToucher1 indi! It works great.

I was looking for this for a long time.

Is there a way to change bands diviation to 2.2 and 2.5?

I was trying it but it won't let me do this. I can change it only to 3.

I am glad it solved ur problem but if u load a normal bollinger band with 2.2 deviation and then load bollitoucher with 2 deviation, the result will be same. try loading both on top of eachother and pay close attention to the outer bands of bollitoucher and the signals its producing on 2 deviation over a normal 2.5 deviation bollinger bands. it just looks the same on here. but u test it urself and tell me if its different.

i dont quite understand ur strategy here cuz if u go in a buy deal on the break of upper band 6 most of the time the price will come right down to its middle line, and if u use it as a counter trend to go sell on upper break still it can go a long distance before it comes back, that bollinger alone is a bit shady to me lol. u see i am wearing shades to see its shady hehehe

William Snyder
William Snyder  
Onpoint:
This is the picture with the example of the signal of the BBand of CCI in the above post.

Thanks in advance to all who can help.

Onpoint, maybe try this one out.

osgibson
osgibson  
mrtools:
Onpoint, maybe try this one out.

Mr.Tools,

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Yes this is just as I wanted. You even added some extra bells and whistles I noticed. (the ability to use different types of bands)

Cool!

Thanks Again!!

lover
lover  

Hey guys i have an zigzag indicator with dotted lines can u pros please code an alert when the dot changes its color i mean ofcourse when a new colored dot appears then the alert should sound on the next candle.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
lover:
Hey guys i have an zigzag indicator with dotted lines can u pros please code an alert when the dot changes its color i mean ofcourse when a new colored dot appears then the alert should sound on the next candle.

Zigzag will never appear on a current bar. That means that if you were to be alerted on a ZigZag it will always alert with some significant time delay

lover
lover  
mladen:
Zigzag will never appear on a current bar. That means that if you were to be alerted on a ZigZag it will always alert with some significant time delay

hehehehe a cchange in color is instant and this is a dotted line not just zigzag its kinda like a resistance and support line it draws which should alert if opposite dot is form from red to blue or blue to red but it depends on zigzag i guess cuz it keeps changing if the candle hits it, i am not using it for the entry but for estimation purpose if u catch my drift hehehe, if u have something similiar which i bet u do cuz u own all the goodies hehehehe, i would be very happy to have it

lover
lover  

can anyone code an alert when the dot appears this is a different version so puhlease code an alert at the change of the dot color

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
lover:
can anyone code an alert when the dot appears this is a different version so puhlease code an alert at the change of the dot color

That indicator is internally using the "classical" ZigZag that comes with metatrader (find the line of code in it that is saying this :

zigzag1=iCustom(NULL,0,"ZigZag",depth,5,3,0,cnt+1);

and that means exactly what I said for the last zig zag alert : the alert will be issued with a big time delay and such an alert is not usable as any kind of signal. Better to use it without alerts since it will be confused by some as a signal for entry

samuelkanu
samuelkanu  

Hello Mrtools, the indicator posted by Onpoint in post #5331 that you added alert to is good but what about adding an arrow alert when the cci crosses the inner band of the bbands indicator?