Indicators with alerts/signal - page 500

samuelkanu,

Take a look at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page334

That will help you clarify how to set up the indicator in order to get alerts (since the alerts are working OK in that indicator)

samuelkanu:
Hello mrtools, please edit this indy as i have tried the alert but it does not come up. Thanks in advance

mladen:
samuelkanu,

Take a look at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page334

That will help you clarify how to set up the indicator in order to get alerts (since the alerts are working OK in that indicator)

Hello Mladen still tried it on two different mt4 platforms yet no alerts. Please kindly look into it to make sure

samuelkanu:
Hello Mladen still tried it on two different mt4 platforms yet no alerts. Please kindly look into it to make sure

Samuelkanu, please don't take this in a bad way but was noticing that by default the alerts are off, and its something i've forgotten more than once is to make sure they are on.

mrtools:
Samuelkanu, please don't take this in a bad way but was noticing that by default the alerts are off, and its something i've forgotten more than once is to make sure they are on.

Yes mrtools the alerts are off by default but i reset the following parameters and was still getting no alerts:alerts on =true,alerts on current=true,alerts message=true,alerts notification=true,alerts sound=true,alerts email=true. Just dont know what can be wrong

samuelkanu

That indicator will never show a dot (and that way alert) on a current bar. It is due to the fact that it looks for future values of +DI and -DI and they will always be 0 for the current bar. Set the alertsOnCurrent to false

samuelkanu:
Yes mrtools the alerts are off by default but i reset the following parameters and was still getting no alerts:alerts on =true,alerts on current=true,alerts message=true,alerts notification=true,alerts sound=true,alerts email=true. Just dont know what can be wrong

mladen:
samuelkanu That indicator will never show a dot (and that way alert) on a current bar. It is due to the fact that it looks for future values of +DI and -DI and they will always be 0 for the current bar. Set the alertsOnCurrent to false

Thanks mladen it is working now after changing it

samuelkanu

Glad that it is solved

samuelkanu:
Thanks mladen it is working now after changing it

Would you please add the sound and popup alert

Would you please help me to add the sound and popup alert for this indicator? I tried several times, but it’s still not functioning properly.

I’d like to reach that when the price crosses one of the lines let a sound give alarm and one

popup window ( for example: ATR Channels cross (+ or -) 2. line.

Thanks in advance.

ATR Channels - MQL4 Code Base

mladen:
ptl indicator (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page247 ) with alerts added (it will alert when the main trend changes). Usual choice of alerts : current (opened) or previous ( closed ) bar, messages, sound and email can be configured

Dear Mladen. Where is calculateValue for your indicators?

Gennadiy

It is a way how the indicator calls itself to calculate values of the target time frame. Take a closer look at the iCustom() call and you will see that it is a parameter value not an indicator name. So, do not worry, everything is working just fine in that indicator and it does not need anything else in order to work OK

Gennadiy:
Dear Mladen. Where is calculateValue for your indicators?
Reason: