Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1257

engula:

hi mrtools,

looks like the lines don't show if the stoch enters ob/os more than once in the same direction. can you pls check it?

engula

From the code, it seems that it was the intention (it draws lines the same way as it will alert : on a first break of either level)

mladen:

engula

From the code, it seems that it was the intention (it draws lines the same way as it will alert : on a first break of either level)

mladen, can this be changed in order to have the lines each time the stoch enters ob/os area? many thanks in advance.

engula:
mladen, can this be changed in order to have the lines each time the stoch enters ob/os area? many thanks in advance.

engula

Here is a version with one extra option : alertsOnEveryBreak. Set it to true to get lines (and alerts) on all the level breaks : stochastic_obos_lines_alerts_1_1.mq4

mladen:

engula

Here is a version with one extra option : alertsOnEveryBreak. Set it to true to get lines (and alerts) on all the level breaks : stochastic_obos_lines_alerts_1_1.mq4

mladen,

In your chart picture, it looks like you have the indicator loaded twice...what is the differences between them? I noticed they are both set to 14,3,3.

pilot9:

mladen,

In your chart picture, it looks like you have the indicator loaded twice...what is the differences between them? I noticed they are both set to 14,3,3.

Pilot9 on the top picture it is showing the stochastic crossing the ob/os zone the first time only and on the second picture it is showing every time the stochastic crosses the ob/os zone.

mladen:

engula

mladen & mrtools, many thanks.

mrtools:
Pilot9 on the top picture it is showing the stochastic crossing the ob/os zone the first time only and on the second picture it is showing every time the stochastic crosses the ob/os zone.

Thanks for the reply mrtools.

Sorry, I am not following you 100%. When you say 'pictures' - do you mean 'windows' on the chart in that picture? If so, what are the differences in the indicator setting?

pilot9:

Thanks for the reply mrtools.

Sorry, I am not following you 100%. When you say 'pictures' - do you mean 'windows' on the chart in that picture? If so, what are the differences in the indicator setting?

On the top window the settings are alertsOnEveryBreak = false and on the bottom window the settings are alertsOnEveryBreak = true and both are set at 14,3,3.

ps) forgot to add you will need the linesID to be different for every instance of the indicator.

Something looks nice combination

mrtools:

On the top window the settings are alertsOnEveryBreak = false and on the bottom window the settings are alertsOnEveryBreak = true and both are set at 14,3,3.

ps) forgot to add you will need the linesID to be different for every instance of the indicator.

Thanks for that reply mrtools. That helps.

When I look up 'linesID' in the settings, I see the default is at "Stochastic"...when you say it has to be different, what do you mean by that? Or can you give me an example?

Reason: