Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1210

kramachandran59
kramachandran59  
mladen:
kramachandran59

Please do the following :

1. Place it on 1 minute chart

2. Let it run for at least 1 hour without changing anything on that chart (no time frame or symbol change nor any indicator parameters change)

3. Take a snapshot

4. Change a time frame and come back

5. Take a snapshot and compare it to the previous

You shall see immediately what is going on

Thanks . I would do as suggested. And give you a feedback. But I use it only on the one hour time frame. Would this also be the same and repaint as pointed out by you. Or in higher time frame charts, the charts wont repaint ? Since I am a layman, am taking your help and guidance. Am not questioning what you say . So pls reply me so that I can learn from your experiences.

Regards

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
kramachandran59:
Thanks . I would do as suggested. And give you a feedback. But I use it only on the one hour time frame. Would this also be the same and repaint as pointed out by you. Or in higher time frame charts, the charts wont repaint ? Since I am a layman, am taking your help and guidance. Am not questioning what you say . So pls reply me so that I can learn from your experiences. Regards

kramachandran59

If it repaints on one time frame it will repaint on any time frame (or type of chart)

I suggested 1 minute because that way you do not need to wait for hours and hours to see what that indicator is doing with the past signals

myrx
myrx  
mrtools:
Myrx, added alerts when the histogram changes color.

mrtools you made my day! - i am about to test it now. thank you so much for your quick reply and support in this matter. you are awesome! (mladen too of course)

~myrx

[edit: gif doesnt work, deleted]

del10
del10  

wanted

When closing candle signal show.same candle.. now Appear in the previous candle

ex

Files:
dx.jpg 23 kb
Abhinav
Abhinav  
mladen:
Here is a version with alerts added : stepchartchannel_v2_600_amp_alerts.mq4

Hi mladen,

This indicator seems to be repainting or it is not giving the same turn points , i am not able to exactly explain but once in my MT4 i had 9000 bars and the signals it gave then seemed different when MT4 had 29000 bars.

The simple thing is that it seems to be producing signals at different times with different bars in the history.

Regards,

Abhinav

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Abhinav:
Hi mladen,

This indicator seems to be repainting or it is not giving the same turn points , i am not able to exactly explain but once in my MT4 i had 9000 bars and the signals it gave then seemed different when MT4 had 29000 bars.

The simple thing is that it seems to be producing signals at different times with different bars in the history.

Regards,

Abhinav

Abhinav

If it work like other igorads step indicators then it s possible

He uses all the bars to calculate step sizes, and that can vary if the number of bars changes and then that can cause repainting (that is why I made different step ma - to avoid that problem).

Frankly I did not check the code (I usually do not check igorads code for problems), but if that is the problem then it has to be written completely differently

Abhinav
Abhinav  
mladen:
Abhinav

If it work like other igorads step indicators then it s possible

He uses all the bars to calculate step sizes, and that can vary if the number of bars changes and then that can cause repainting (that is why I made different step ma - to avoid that problem).

Frankly I did not check the code (I usually do not check igorads code for problems), but if that is the problem then it has to be written completely differently

Thanks mladen for clarifying.

Regards,

Abhinav

spacejockey
spacejockey  

Hi mladen

I want to ask if can combine TDI clone and TMS_Angleator V3 - RT2 to become one indi ?

there are also have some problem Compile TMS_Angleator V3 - RT2.mq4

Kind Regards.

sharingan9
sharingan9  

Hello Mr. Tools and Mladen. May you please add an "Alert on Current" feature to this CCI overbought/oversold alert indicator so that I am alerted as soon as it touches 100 or -100 levels? Thank you so much in advance.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
sharingan9:
Hello Mr. Tools and Mladen. May you please add an "Alert on Current" feature to this CCI overbought/oversold alert indicator so that I am alerted as soon as it touches 100 or -100 levels? Thank you so much in advance.

sharingan9

Try this one out (alert on current option added) : cci_alert-mail_.mq4

Files: