Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1209

mrtools:
There is an dex adx here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page82 where the adx dots (using plusdi minusdi cross) doesn't repaint.

I tested this indicator [dex_ADX1 nmc] on several different pairs on M5 charts.

The red/green dot signals appear on candle[2] while candle[0] is forming.

Is this the intended result??

Thank you.

krelian99:
ValeoFX, Congratulations to your Birthday and with respect to your age and for that you have done, but please, this should be told per PM. Don't feel criticized or mistreat, there are some changes and all have some more stress than ever. All the best.

Thank you Krelian. I do appreciate your wishes.

michaelB:
I tested this indicator [dex_ADX1 nmc] on several different pairs on M5 charts.

The red/green dot signals appear on candle[2] while candle[0] is forming.

Is this the intended result??

Thank you.

michaelB

That indicator repaints (uses future values)

mladen:
kramachandran59

That indicator repaints

Better not to use it in signaling/alerting mode

Hi mladen and mrtools,

I would like to seek your clarification on the above indicator. Its just an inside bar indicator. So an inside bar would always be an inside bar. So why should the indicator repaint. I am confused. Could you please guide me and clarify on my doubt mentioned above.

Thanks for your help always.

Regards

kramachandran59:
Hi mladen and mrtools,

I would like to seek your clarification on the above indicator. Its just an inside bar indicator. So an inside bar would always be an inside bar. So why should the indicator repaint. I am confused. Could you please guide me and clarify on my doubt mentioned above.

Thanks for your help always.

Regards

kramachandran59

Please do the following :

1. Place it on 1 minute chart

2. Let it run for at least 1 hour without changing anything on that chart (no time frame or symbol change nor any indicator parameters change)

3. Take a snapshot

4. Change a time frame and come back

5. Take a snapshot and compare it to the previous

You shall see immediately what is going on

mrtools:
There is an dex adx here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page82 where the adx dots (using plusdi minusdi cross) doesn't repaint.

MrTools, could you please add Alerts to this indicator you so kindly showed me?

Thanks in advance.

mladen:
kramachandran59

Please do the following :

1. Place it on 1 minute chart

2. Let it run for at least 1 hour without changing anything on that chart (no time frame or symbol change nor any indicator parameters change)

3. Take a snapshot

4. Change a time frame and come back

5. Take a snapshot and compare it to the previous

You shall see immediately what is going on

Thanks . I would do as suggested. And give you a feedback. But I use it only on the one hour time frame. Would this also be the same and repaint as pointed out by you. Or in higher time frame charts, the charts wont repaint ? Since I am a layman, am taking your help and guidance. Am not questioning what you say . So pls reply me so that I can learn from your experiences.

Regards

kramachandran59:
Thanks . I would do as suggested. And give you a feedback. But I use it only on the one hour time frame. Would this also be the same and repaint as pointed out by you. Or in higher time frame charts, the charts wont repaint ? Since I am a layman, am taking your help and guidance. Am not questioning what you say . So pls reply me so that I can learn from your experiences. Regards

kramachandran59

If it repaints on one time frame it will repaint on any time frame (or type of chart)

I suggested 1 minute because that way you do not need to wait for hours and hours to see what that indicator is doing with the past signals

mrtools:
Myrx, added alerts when the histogram changes color.

mrtools you made my day! - i am about to test it now. thank you so much for your quick reply and support in this matter. you are awesome! (mladen too of course)

~myrx

[edit: gif doesnt work, deleted]

wanted

When closing candle signal show.same candle.. now Appear in the previous candle

ex

Files:
dx.jpg  23 kb
Reason: