Files:
stlm_hist.mq4  11 kb

aliza_2084:
hi

please add alert to this indicator

stlm_hist.mq4

thanks

Hi Aliza_2084,

Here's your alerts, wasn't sure how you wanted them so made with either slope alert or zero cross alert.

Files:

Adjustable period fractals with alerts posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173009/page12

dominicchen:
Dear Fellow Traders,

Another good indicator to share is using the RSI Stochastic as overbought and oversold indicator. This indicator that is good for intraday trades. The moment the yellow line goes below 20, it can be taken as an oversold signal. On the contrary, the moment the yellow line goes above 80, it can be taken as an overbought signal. To cut down on screen time, can anyone out there put in a sound and email alert?

If you are a swing trader, do not use the RSI Stochastic indicator. It gives way too much information. Instead, go for Williams % R as overbought or oversold indicator. It has less information and provides only key critical turning points. How you use the indicator is this. When the indicator is above -20, it is overbought. When the indicator is below -80, it is oversold. This indicator already has a Sound Alert in it. Anyone out there can add in an email alert to cut down on screen time?

I hope the indicators above is helpful. I helps me to gauge the "temperature" of the market.

Regards, Dominic

Hi Dominic,

These alert when they are leaving oversold or overbought.

Indicators

Can anyone tell me what program to use to open these indicators.

I've tried several with no success..

thanks

Almost all are written in mql and you need metatrader 4 in order to open and use them

phil yutzy:

thanks

phil yutzy:

thanks

They require Metatrader4 which you get for free when opening an account with a forex broker.

You usually can open either a demo account with virtual money for free and for a limited period

or a live account where you deposit money.

If you are new to forex it's best to start with a demo account, where you get the same data and

charts as the live account, you can view real time charts with the same indicators, or try your hand

at paper trading without risking a cent.

Also, some forex brokers offer other things to trade beside currency pairs, such as commodity futures,

indices like the S&P500 or dollar index, and even a few stocks.

To make the indicators work, place them in the programs->metatrader4 (broker)->experts->indicators folder

then restart the metatrader program if it wasn't already closed.

And finally go to the menu insert->indicators->Custom which will attach the indicator to the open chart

which is active.

Hope that helps.

Noam

mladen, mrtools please can you add a pop up alert also with arrows on the chart window.

Like in the screenshot.

Here's the indicators with my tpl.

Thanks in advance!

Files:

2 problems :

The rsi is an executable. Bigger problem is SSA : as you know SSA recalculates and adding alerts on recalculating indicators is more or less impossible. The problem is that you will get it always on different places

I know that SSA looks nice, but please try avoid using it in a signaling mode. It can be used as an estimate, but trying to use it in signaling mode is leading into wrong (and dangerous) direction

clon_tron:
mladen, mrtools please can you add a pop up alert also with arrows on the chart window.

Like in the screenshot.

Here's the indicators with my tpl.

Thanks in advance!

mladen:
2 problems :

The rsi is an executable. Bigger problem is SSA : as you know SSA recalculates and adding alerts on recalculating indicators is more or less impossible. The problem is that you will get it always on different places

I know that SSA looks nice, but please try avoid using it in a signaling mode. It can be used as an estimate, but trying to use it in signaling mode is leading into wrong (and dangerous) direction

Ok, thanks mladen! I understand.

But what can you offer to me. The best indicator to use with D_rsi ?

Reason: