RAS Signal - Multi-EA - page 6

Started an FAQ

Hi all,

For those who are interested, I've posted an FAQ in the second post of the thread, here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180279

Feel free to post other questions here if you have any or if something in the FAQ isn't clear. I'll do my best to address them promptly.

Enjoy the pips!

Kelvin

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

Question 1:

What is the best time to subscribe and start trading with this signal?

Answer 1:

Normally weekends. The reason this is recommended is because all trades are normally closed for the weekend and it gives a new subscriber the best possible start to trading this signal. If someone wants to subscribe any time, the guideline is start trading when there are no open positions and preferably no pending orders either.

------------------------------

Question 2:

What account size should I start with?

Answer 2:

$1,000.00 would be the minimum using 0.10 lot size but $2,000.00 or more is recommended.

Question 3:

What lot size should I trade?

Answer 3:

That really depends on you. The system is designed to be profitable using 0.10 or 0.20 lot sizes, which is the size used on the account the signal is traded on. Any change that you make to that should suit your risk tolerance and is entirely up to you.

Question 4:

How big can the drawdown be?

Answer 4:

It can be $500.00 - 800.00. As we all know, past performance does not indicate future performance so it is recommended that you review the trade history before subscribing to make sure you're comfortable with the drawdown potential.

Question 5:

Do you trade your own money?

Answer 5:

Yes. In addition, new EA's and new settings are also tested on a real money account before running them on the Multi-EA signal.

Question 6:

Is the Multi-EA signal being run from a real money account?

Answer 6:

No. Why not? Experience with Metatrader proves that real money accounts may encounter reqotes and delays that demo accounts do not. In order to provide the best possible signal speed a demo account is used.

Question 7:

What time frame do the EA's trade?

Answer 7:

Mainly the one hour (H1) time frame. There is one EA that uses four hour and daily time frames as a guide but ultimately executes from an H1 chart.

More questions will be added as needed. If you have a question feel free to post a reply.

Pending Order Modify Error 147

Hello Kelvin,

I subscribed to your signal last weekend, and started to use your signals from this week onwards. Unfortuantelly I had a bad start so far in first 3 days. Hope the rest 2 days of the week would bring some recovery.. Are there certain reasons for current DD ?

For some time I am permanently receiving following errors on my account: "Pending Order modify error .... Expirations denied by broker" This is related to the current 2 pending orders you opened. I am using "The Collective FX" as broker. Its a real account. (ECN). Do you have any advise how I could avoid these errors ?

Looking forward to your reply .

Kind regards

Michael

brc021:
Hello Kelvin,

I subscribed to your signal last weekend, and started to use your signals from this week onwards. Unfortuantelly I had a bad start so far in first 3 days. Hope the rest 2 days of the week would bring some recovery.. Are there certain reasons for current DD ?

For some time I am permanently receiving following errors on my account: "Pending Order modify error .... Expirations denied by broker" This is related to the current 2 pending orders you opened. I am using "The Collective FX" as broker. Its a real account. (ECN). Do you have any advise how I could avoid these errors ?

Looking forward to your reply .

Kind regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

Regarding the DD, I'm in these trades with you and I'm not fond of the losses either.

We were coming around nicely this morning, up for the week and gaining momentum and then the market thought the EUR was a good buy. We hit some wipsaw with one of the EA's that closed out it's sells then re-opened again when the market came back, only to get stopped out again. I turned that one off until the market settled and I'm debating turning it on again to catch what appears to be a turn in the H1 trend to the upside. If the market turns we might have a nice run up to the recent highs in the 1.2900 area on the EUR. I'm concerned that the price might drop below 1.2700 and trigger more shorts and then get knocked out again if the price does move to the upside so I'm going to limit the number of positions for the night and see how it looks in the morning. Let's hope our last two days help recover this, we haven't had a down week for quite some time.

As for the "expiration" errors, I'm not sure. What I can tell you is that the EA that creates those pending orders sets them to expire at a certain time. It is possible that a) the broker simply does not support expiration times on pending orders or b) the broker time is such that when the pending orders are created the expiration time is in the past. If I understand the RAS EA correctly, this can happen because the RAS EA creates the order without setting the expiration time, then, tries to set the expiration afterward and at that point, the time it tries to set, which is the time found in the pending order from my broker, may be in the past in relation to your broker. That sounds like a bit of a stretch but those are my first thoughts on the matter.

Are the trades created and deleted as they should be though? For example the trades from this evening should have expired and been deleted by now. Even if they are though, I suppose your broker won't like the continuous flow of errors. Perhaps a call to them is needed to confirm whether or not they support expirations and if they do, maybe we can look into what time is being applied vs. the broker time.

Hope that helps.

Kelvin

kelvinjones:
Hi Michael,

Regarding the DD, I'm in these trades with you and I'm not fond of the losses either.

We were coming around nicely this morning, up for the week and gaining momentum and then the market thought the EUR was a good buy. We hit some wipsaw with one of the EA's that closed out it's sells then re-opened again when the market came back, only to get stopped out again. I turned that one off until the market settled and I'm debating turning it on again to catch what appears to be a turn in the H1 trend to the upside. If the market turns we might have a nice run up to the recent highs in the 1.2900 area on the EUR. I'm concerned that the price might drop below 1.2700 and trigger more shorts and then get knocked out again if the price does move to the upside so I'm going to limit the number of positions for the night and see how it looks in the morning. Let's hope our last two days help recover this, we haven't had a down week for quite some time.

As for the "expiration" errors, I'm not sure. What I can tell you is that the EA that creates those pending orders sets them to expire at a certain time. It is possible that a) the broker simply does not support expiration times on pending orders or b) the broker time is such that when the pending orders are created the expiration time is in the past. If I understand the RAS EA correctly, this can happen because the RAS EA creates the order without setting the expiration time, then, tries to set the expiration afterward and at that point, the time it tries to set, which is the time found in the pending order from my broker, may be in the past in relation to your broker. That sounds like a bit of a stretch but those are my first thoughts on the matter.

Are the trades created and deleted as they should be though? For example the trades from this evening should have expired and been deleted by now. Even if they are though, I suppose your broker won't like the continuous flow of errors. Perhaps a call to them is needed to confirm whether or not they support expirations and if they do, maybe we can look into what time is being applied vs. the broker time.

Hope that helps.

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

thanks for quick response.

Reg. the errors. Yes, the trades were opened on my account and also closed (canceled) in the meantime, assume as supposed. Its just a bit annoying to have that error alerts popping up all the time. Anyway I will check with my broker for their advise and will then further report here.

B/R Michael

brc021:
Hi Kelvin,

thanks for quick response.

Reg. the errors. Yes, the trades were opened on my account and also closed (canceled) in the meantime, assume as supposed. Its just a bit annoying to have that error alerts popping up all the time. Anyway I will check with my broker for their advise and will then further report here.

B/R Michael

Is it a popup alert or a log entry? Perhaps you've tried this already but if it's a popup alert you should be able to disable it with F7 (EA properties), Common tab, Common area, uncheck the Alerts check box. Even if that does fix the annoyance I suppose it doesn't fix the heart of the problem. In any case, thanks for offering to report back, I'm sure you're not the only one that run into this problem.

Kelvin

Which Pairs / Timeframes

Hi Kelvin,

I am new to RAS and just subscribed to Multi-EA this week and am running on an FXCM demo account. Am I correct in saying that we are trading the EUR/USD and USD/JPY pairs? Which timeframes of these charts should I open? Possibly I missed this info somewhere but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Also regarding MT4 signal rental vs. opening an autotrade account, since I am on an MT4 for the moment and this is an EA, will manual trades and manual adjustments / interventions to trades originally placed by the EA also be sent to my MT4? Or is this a feature of autotrade accounts only?

Thanks,

BIg Steve

BIGSTEVE123:
Hi Kelvin,

I am new to RAS and just subscribed to Multi-EA this week and am running on an FXCM demo account. Am I correct in saying that we are trading the EUR/USD and USD/JPY pairs? Which timeframes of these charts should I open? Possibly I missed this info somewhere but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Also regarding MT4 signal rental vs. opening an autotrade account, since I am on an MT4 for the moment and this is an EA, will manual trades and manual adjustments / interventions to trades originally placed by the EA also be sent to my MT4? Or is this a feature of autotrade accounts only?

Thanks,

BIg Steve

Hi Big Steve,

PAIRS TRADED: Currently, the pairs traded are only the EURUSD but I'm looking into adding the GBPUSD in the future. Originally the USDJPY was traded, some months ago, but the EA did not produce pips as expected so it was removed.

TIMEFRAME FOR RAS EA: This does not matter. It bases its action on the ticks, each time the chart ticks up or down the EA responds. The RAS team could better answer you but I believe it also has some builtin timers so it is also time based in it's action and does not require a specific chart (EUR, GBP, JPY etc) nor does it require a specific timeframe (M1, M5, H1, etc.).

AUTOTRADE ACCOUNT: Definitely check the RAS team about that. I don't know the details.

MANUAL TRADES/ADJUSTMENTS TO TRADES OPENED BY THE RAS EA: Yes, any change you make to an open trade that you see in your MT4 terminal will be sent to your MT4 account. It's your account and you are in control. For example, if you see that Multi-EA has opened some trades in your terminal (on your account) and you don't like what you see, you can close them manually and the trades are in fact closed in your real account. (I hope I understood the question correctly here).

Hope this helps,

Kelvin

Ho Kelvin,

About the manual adjustments lets say you decide to change TP manually because you do not like what you see, will this also change my TP etc on my MT4? I won't really be looking at the MT4 because of work. Would an autotrade account work better for me?

Thank You,

Big Steve

BIGSTEVE123:
Ho Kelvin,

About the manual adjustments lets say you decide to change TP manually because you do not like what you see, will this also change my TP etc on my MT4? I won't really be looking at the MT4 because of work. Would an autotrade account work better for me?

Thank You,

Big Steve

Hi Steve,

If I make manual adjustments, they will automatically be reflected in your MT4 account. For clarity I'll just add that your computer needs to be on and the MT4 terminal and RAS EA running. As for autotrading, I'm not sure how it works, you'll have to check with the RAS team on that one.

Kelvin

Reason: