Signal subscriber. 43 positions were open and closed on my account when only 4 were sent by the provider.

I'm subscribed to a good reliable provider on the platform. This provider yesterday opened up 4 positions. Each one of those positions were closed with latest 5 pips profit.  Verified by the history and by communication with the signal provider. I had 43 positions open and close losing spread and commissions only. My signal provider only sent out 4 signals when this occurred and all 4 were positive pips. How can this happen and what are MQL5 going to do about this?

It is not enough details for help ...

--------------

• Are you using MQL5 VPS?
  • If yes so do you keep your PC open with Metatrader on same account (on the same time with VPS)?
  • Did you close any trade manually? If yes so this trade may be opened once again.
  • Did you use the other tools on same metatrader's account?
  • What is your internet connection?
  • What is your OS (Windows, Linux, Mac)?
  • Does your broker accept 5 pips in profit (some brokers are accepting 10 pips as a minimum as I know)
  • Does signal provider use hedge (and you are not), right? not?
  • and more and more questions ...
If you provide more details so the users of the forum will be able to help.

Why does MQL5 place my problem on an open forum when they need to investigate why their server opens up 43 position in my account that were not sent by the provider. 

Rod Ray:
Why does MQL5 place my problem on an open forum when they need to investigate why their server opens up 43 position in my account that were not sent by the provider. 

Because their server opened 43 positions for you only ... so - it is not related to the server at all.

Besides, service desk is working with financial issues only (for example - you can ask for refund).
But if it is technical issue  so it is for the forum only sorry.

Rod Ray:
I'm subscribed to a good reliable provider on the platform. This provider yesterday opened up 4 positions. Each one of those positions were closed with latest 5 pips profit.  Verified by the history and by communication with the signal provider. I had 43 positions open and close losing spread and commissions only. My signal provider only sent out 4 signals when this occurred and all 4 were positive pips. How can this happen and what are MQL5 going to do about this?

The problem is on your side, not on the signal provider or MQL5 signal copying system.

Even though the signal provider opened 4 positions you opened 43, because you ticked the: Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, option in Signals settings.

That means that even though the position was still open on the signal provider's side, you hit your SL or TP level and you positions were closed. 

Right after that the signal copying system was synchonizing your positions with the signal's and opened the positions again, because these were still open on the signal provider's side.

All this is happening due to large slippage between your broker/server and that of the signal provider.

My advice is to untick the: Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels in signals settings (MT >> Tools >> Options >> Signals), so you will close each position right after the signal provider does.

Sergey Golubev:

It is not enough details for help ...

--------------

• Are you using MQL5 VPS?
  • If yes so do you keep your PC open with Metatrader on same account (on the same time with VPS)?
  • Did you close any trade manually? If yes so this trade may be opened once again.
  • Did you use the other tools on same metatrader's account?
  • What is your internet connection?
  • What is your OS (Windows, Linux, Mac)?
  • Does your broker accept 5 pips in profit (some brokers are accepting 10 pips as a minimum as I know)

I'm using MYVPSPRO for my VPS. 

I only have metatrader open on my VPS there is no other instance open on ony other computers 

I did not touch the signals i saw that trades in the history, I did not catch it live 

I have received trades from this provider before and not had a problem, none of there points are valid. I use ICMarkets for my broker and there no trade restrictions.

Are you from MQL5

Rod Ray:

I'm using MYVPSPRO for my VPS. 

I only have metatrader open on my VPS there is no other instance open on ony other computers 

I did not touch the signals i saw that trades in the history, I did not catch it live 

I have received trades from this provider before and not had a problem, none of there points are valid. I use ICMarkets for my broker and there no trade restrictions.

Look at reply by Eleni Anna Branou for possible decision.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The problem is on your side, not on the signal provider or MQL5 signal copying system.

Even though the signal provider opened 4 positions you opened 43, because you ticked the: Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, option in Signals settings.

That means that even though the position was still open on the signal provider's side, you hit your SL or TP level and you positions were closed. 

Right after that the signal copying system was synchonizing your positions with the signal's and opened the positions again, because these were still open on the signal provider's side.

All this is happening due to large slippage between your broker/server and that of the signal provider.

My advice is to untick the: Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels in signals settings (MT >> Tools >> Options >> Signals), so you will close each position right after the signal provider does.

Thank you for the reply. good to get a straight answer.

If i un-tick  the SL and TP will i still get the copy of the providers SL and TP or are my positions open?

Do tick the Synchronize positions without confirmations?

What do you think i should set the Slippage? 

Rod Ray:

Thank you for the reply. good to get a straight answer.

If i un-tick  the SL and TP will i still get the copy of the providers SL and TP or are my positions open?

Do tick the Synchronize positions without confirmations?

What do you think i should set the Slippage? 

No, you won't copy signal's SL and TP levels, but you will close positions right after it does.

Yes, tick the: Synchronize positions option, if you untick the above.

If your slippage is generally good (under 3-4 points, check the Slippage tab of the signal), you can set the slippage setting to 1.0 or 2.0 max.

Reason: