Requests & Ideas - page 256

mladen:
rayphua Try it out now. It should show real pips even on a 5 digit broker

Thanks Mladen, got it, works good!

wintersky111:
Hi Mladen,

Sorry for disturbing you if you are still in the middle of your vacation. I was wondering if you had forgotten about my request for modification/adding a median to the FD?

Hi Mladen,

I was looking at the FD coding & suddenly realized that there were alot of unncessary display buffers used up already (eg. 2 additional parallel display lines centred around the main FD display line etc). Not sure if the 7/8 buffers being used up is the issue that is causing you a headache, but you can delete the unnecessary buffers. A friend (who has minimal coding knowledge, same as me) was telling me to suggest to you the possibility of making an indicator of an indicator, if that might help in reducing your coding difficulties. I am fine with any general format/type of implementation.

Hope this would help in reducing the coding difficulties on your side. Sorry for causing you a headache & once again thanks for everything

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

wintersky111:
Hi Mladen,

I was looking at the FD coding & suddenly realized that there were alot of unncessary display buffers used up already (eg. 2 additional parallel display lines centred around the main FD display line etc). Not sure if the 7/8 buffers being used up is the issue that is causing you a headache, but you can delete the unnecessary buffers. A friend (who has minimal coding knowledge, same as me) was telling me to suggest to you the possibility of making an indicator of an indicator, if that might help in reducing your coding difficulties. I am fine with any general format/type of implementation.

Hope this would help in reducing the coding difficulties on your side. Sorry for causing you a headache & once again thanks for everything

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

I think that it will need to be rewritten (in order to make it clean for any upgrades and in order to make it efficient). Also found a couple of points in the code that will make it a repainting indicator (not too obvious at the first glance, but they do exist in the code)

mladen:
rayphua There is no such condition that all are neither up or neither down. If not all are up or not all are down, it is considered to be neutral. Anyway, here is one version that will alert on neutral too, but be prepared that there will be times when you are going to get a lot of alerts when the state of some is changing from neutral to some other state. Not going to replace the one at the original post simply for that case - to keep the previous version without those multiple alerts on the same bar

Mladen, revisiting the alerts you made, are you able to create 2 different sound alerts, sound A when it is up/down the conditions, and sound B when it is neutral? Thanks.

rayphua:
Mladen, revisiting the alerts you made, are you able to create 2 different sound alerts, sound A when it is up/down the conditions, and sound B when it is neutral? Thanks.

rayphua

Here is a version in which you can specify a different sound for each of the 3 alert types

mladen:
rayphua Here is a version in which you can specify a different sound for each of the 3 alert types

Mladen, thanks for the speedy work. I have no prior experience with changing of sound files, I tried specifiying stops.wav for the neutral sound but somehow I still heart alerts2 being sounded. Am I doing something wrong?

rayphua:
Mladen, thanks for the speedy work. I have no prior experience with changing of sound files, I tried specifiying stops.wav for the neutral sound but somehow I still heart alerts2 being sounded. Am I doing something wrong?

Turn the sounds in the options->events off and then only the sound from the indicator will be heard (like this :

Files:
events.gif  15 kb

mladen:
Turn the sounds in the options->events off and then only the sound from the indicator will be heard (like this :

Thanks for the tip, Mladen.

rayphua:
Thanks for the tip, Mladen.

Mladen, I just realized there isn't an "AlertOnCurrent" parameter. I would like an AlertOnCurrent parameter with the option of specifiying the choice of AlertOnCurrent for Up/Down all conditions, and AlertOnCurrent for Neutral conditions. Thanks Mladen!

rayphua:
Mladen, I just realized there isn't an "AlertOnCurrent" parameter. I would like an AlertOnCurrent parameter with the option of specifiying the choice of AlertOnCurrent for Up/Down all conditions, and AlertOnCurrent for Neutral conditions. Thanks Mladen!

rayphua

we have discussed that issue at the time when we were talking about the creation of the indicator : it always has to be on current (since it is managing 4 different time frames at some occasions) It can not be different when 4 different time frames are processed

Reason: