Requests & Ideas - page 249

mladen:
Hermo

See this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178540/page25

The difference is that the metatrader 4 version uses adaptive size and metatrader 5 uses fixed "box" size for calculation

Mladen thank you very much for your help.

And finally.

It would be possible to transform the EA website mql5. A MQL4 code, in order to test it.

Thank you very much in advance.

A hug.

Hermo.

Hi Mladen or Mr Tools,

Is it possible using KAMA slope's averaging methods for the VQ indicator? I was thinking that perhaps this would reduce some of the spikes that I see in the VQ indicator. I know VQ indi has a filter parameter, but I am exploring if it is possible using KAMA's calculations since KAMA in itself is a filtering average. Please advice if the VQ indicator can be tweaked in that manner. Thanks for your time Mladen or Mr Tools.

kamaslopealertsmtf.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinehistoalertsmtfv2.mq4

rayphua:
Hi Mladen or Mr Tools,

Is it possible using KAMA slope's averaging methods for the VQ indicator? I was thinking that perhaps this would reduce some of the spikes that I see in the VQ indicator. I know VQ indi has a filter parameter, but I am exploring if it is possible using KAMA's calculations since KAMA in itself is a filtering average. Please advice if the VQ indicator can be tweaked in that manner. Thanks for your time Mladen or Mr Tools.

kamaslopealertsmtf.mq4

rayphua

They are completely different in calculation method. Even with applied pre-smoothing you can see that VQ calculation is producing those spikes, so I am afraid that avoiding those spikes is not possible without some result smoothing (which, on the other hand, would inevitably add lag)

rayphua:
Hi Mladen or Mr Tools,

Is it possible using KAMA slope's averaging methods for the VQ indicator?

kamaslopealertsmtf.mq4

Hi Ray,

Sorry if i may interrupt, IMHO VQ actually is almost like a pair of normal moving averages with different parameter settings even with different filter settings, as ive seen it up close for some time before. You can have the equivalent practically for any pair of moving average crossovers. So it would be almost equivalent to using the KAMA already without the need for coding.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

wintersky111:
Hi Ray,

Sorry if i may interrupt, IMHO VQ actually is almost like a pair of normal moving averages with different parameter settings even with different filter settings, as ive seen it up close for some time before. You can have the equivalent practically for any pair of moving average crossovers. So it would be almost equivalent to using the KAMA already without the need for coding.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Thanks Wintersky, missed out your reply. I am using Supertrends for my trades, and I'm hoping to find an indicator that would cross on zero when price crosses the Supertrend lines, and so far the one that comes closest to it is VQ, except for some portions that spikes out. I am still playing around with the settings in the VQ indicator... Perhaps you or someone else would know of an indicator that does what I am looking for?

Mladen, is it possible create an indicator to color the chart background between three Supertrend ATR timeframes, of different periods with different mutipliers? For example, color the chart background between a 1D Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 1, 1D Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 0.5, and 4H Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 1. That means I would like any areas between the 3 conditions to be colored leaving areas that are out of the 3 conditions uncolored. I'm trying to use this as a way to define a no trade zone where prices almost seem to do nothing.

I'm using the following Supertrend indicator, so the calculation needs to be following that of the attached indicator. Kindly help, thank you very much.

supertrendxalertsmtf.mq4

Files:

rayphua:
Thanks Wintersky, missed out your reply. I am using Supertrends for my trades, and I'm hoping to find an indicator that would cross on zero when price crosses the Supertrend lines, and so far the one that comes closest to it is VQ, except for some portions that spikes out. I am still playing around with the settings in the VQ indicator... Perhaps you or someone else would know of an indicator that does what I am looking for?

Mladen, is it possible create an indicator to color the chart background between three Supertrend ATR timeframes, of different periods with different mutipliers? For example, color the chart background between a 1D Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 1, 1D Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 0.5, and 4H Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 1. That means I would like any areas between the 3 conditions to be colored leaving areas that are out of the 3 conditions uncolored. I'm trying to use this as a way to define a no trade zone where prices almost seem to do nothing.

I'm using the following Supertrend indicator, so the calculation needs to be following that of the attached indicator. Kindly help, thank you very much.

supertrendxalertsmtf.mq4

rayphua

To clarify : you mean to color zones when all 3 super trend indicator contitions are the same and leave the color out when any of the 3 is different from the others?

mladen:
rayphua To clarify : you mean to color zones when all 3 super trend indicator contitions are the same and leave the color out when any of the 3 is different from the others?

Mladen, thanks for looking into this. What I would like this indicator to do is color the zones in between the 3 supertrend indicators. Anything that fits in between the 3 supertrend indicators, we color, anything zone that fits 2 supertrend indicators or less we leave the color out. Help this explanation helps.

rayphua:
Mladen, thanks for looking into this. What I would like this indicator to do is color the zones in between the 3 supertrend indicators. Anything that fits in between the 3 supertrend indicators, we color, anything zone that fits 2 supertrend indicators or less we leave the color out. Help this explanation helps.

rayphua

OK. Will be done

mladen:
rayphua OK. Will be done

Mladen, thank you!

rayphua:

1. Mladen, I made a mistake with the conditions... Any price zone that fits in between 2 or 3 supertrend parameters we color, and any price zone that is completely out of the 3 supertrend parameters we do not color. My apologies.

2. And I know it is a bit premature, but kindly help me code a tape version of the indicator with alerts and push notifications as well. Blue when price is out and above the 3 supertrend parameters, red when price is out and below the 3 supertrend parameters, and white when price is in between 2 or 3 of the supertrend parameters.

3. Plus a candle version of the indicator with the same 3 colors and with alerts and push notifications.

Thank you very much Mladen. I am indebted to you for your help.

Reason: