Need Help for iCustom Problem

Dear all,

I want to get the Fibonacci value from this indicator "i-IntradayFibonacci"

I use iCustom to get it, but I always get the wrong value. The value is different from the Data window

Can someone help me?

I use test_IndayFibonacci_ea to test.

stanley18:
Dear all,

I want to get the Fibonacci value from this indicator "i-IntradayFibonacci"

I use iCustom to get it, but I always get the wrong value. The value is different from the Data window

Can someone help me?

I use test_IndayFibonacci_ea to test.

Interesting If I convert the EA to indicator then it works correctly. It seems that there are some problems with that indicator-EA combination in back-testing. Needs to be explored more what is exactly happening in back-test (since it (i-IntradayFibonacci) is, after all, a multi time frame indicator, probably the problem comes from there, but not sure right now ...)

Or we are facing yet another bug of mt4 back-test ...

From all the tests I made so far (even made different indicator) it seems that back-testing is treating differently iHigh() and iLow() functions now. You can check it : as the day gets to the end the values displayed by your test EA are closer and closer to real values (depending on daily high and low of course). It seems that now indicators that are referring other time frames are working differently when placed on a back-test chart compared to when they are called from iCustom() function

It seems to be the change of some of the new builds. That way the iCustom() called indicators are working a bit closer to real time "behavior"

mladen:
From all the tests I made so far (even made different indicator) it seems that back-testing is treating differently iHigh() and iLow() functions now. You can check it : as the day gets to the end the values displayed by your test EA are closer and closer to real values (depending on daily high and low of course). It seems that now indicators that are referring other time frames are working differently when placed on a back-test chart compared to when they are called from iCustom() function It seems to be the change of some of the new builds. That way the iCustom() called indicators are working a bit closer to real time "behavior"

Build 482 works in backtest differently - but they did not explain what they changed

techmac:
Build 482 works in backtest differently - but they did not explain what they changed

In run-time that EA works OK

Here is a slightly upgraded version of the indicator and the EA that use it and the data displayed in run-time is correct

To summarize : it works OK in run-time and it works OK in back-test even though in visual back test indicators using other time frames do not work the same as when called using iCustom() from an EA

Thanks mladen.

I am really appreciated for your help.

Reason: