Requests & Ideas - page 510

timmyhanke:
First of all sorry for many requests latley , my brain is in panic mode .

Does anyone know of a indicator that show wick sizes , that you can set to alert if a wick in either direction gets as big as the setting you want .

Like if the wick gets 2 pips it should alert that the market is reversing and so on .

It would mean alot :-)

timmyhanke

The problem with such alerts is that at the start (when a new bar is formed) you will either immediately get an alert (since the wick will be much larger compared to the newly formed bar then when the bar is about to be closed) or you are going to get a false alert

Hi @mladen,

Can you update and add alerts (pop-up message, sound, email, push notification) this indicator please?

mladen:

timmyhanke

The problem with such alerts is that at the start (when a new bar is formed) you will either immediately get an alert (since the wick will be much larger compared to the newly formed bar then when the bar is about to be closed) or you are going to get a false alert

But if the indicator only focuses on the current bar and alert as soon as the wick reaches the pip amount . so the alerts will be many times under a whole bars length. And if it alerts that a reversal has accured but it goes back to continue the bars high and low value you can just set a stoploss for the amount of pips back so it 0 itself out and you only loose the spread cost? :-)

timmyhanke:
But if the indicator only focuses on the current bar and alert as soon as the wick reaches the pip amount . so the alerts will be many times under a whole bars length. And if it alerts that a reversal has accured but it goes back to continue the bars high and low value you can just set a stoploss for the amount of pips back so it 0 itself out and you only loose the spread cost? :-)

timmyhanke

I was talking about the current bar - past bars are not a problem

mladen:

timmyhanke

I was talking about the current bar - past bars are not a problem

Will it realy alert that way in a newly made bar , because in my mind the market has to move in a direction and then go back a distance before it can alert . so the alerts always comes near the end of the wicks ,not so much in the body of it

mladen:
As far as I remember there is already a histo version of that indicator, but will check

Hi Mladen

This one I have: HiLow channel 2 Jurik double smooth mtf 2_1 histo +arrows.mq4

But we don't have histo version of this one HighLow Jurik activator new double smooth.ex4 if I am not mistaken

timmyhanke:
Will it realy alert that way in a newly made bar , because in my mind the market has to move in a direction and then go back a distance before it can alert . so the alerts always comes near the end of the wicks ,not so much in the body of it

timmyhanke

consider the following : when a new bar is formed it is either 0 points range from high to low, or a point or two. In both cases wick ratio can immediately trigger the alert. As the high to low range grows so will the wick ratio change, but at the start it is more or less worthless information

mladen:

timmyhanke

consider the following : when a new bar is formed it is either 0 points range from high to low, or a point or two. In both cases wick ratio can immediately trigger the alert. As the high to low range grows so will the wick ratio change, but at the start it is more or less worthless information

I see . I have another idea that might work better . if you take a box indicator of some sort or maybe just 2 lines that creates lets say 10 pips above the price and 10 pips below the price . a total of 20 pips space.

When the price breaks the upper line it alerts and then it creates completly new lines with a 10pips up and 10 pips down from price . So in my mind it will almost create the ide i had a time ago that the price should push high low bands .

So in my mind it will let the winnings be as high as they can be and if it reverses it will mostly be a small loss or a small reduce of your winning , because it follows the market by creating new lines everytime the market moves.

talaate:

Hi Mladen

But we don't have histo version of this one HighLow Jurik activator new double smooth.ex4 if I am not mistaken

Dear Talaate,

i think you are right,in my bag,no histo ver of new double smooth ex4 till now,too.:)

regards

talaate:

Hi Mladen

It will be made for that version too

Reason: