Requests & Ideas - page 507

metal30:
Maybe a time indicator itself that would mark every 5 min or a mtf candle indicator that would work on a range chart, tried a few havent found one that works, idk

metal30

But in that case it would be completely impossible to do that for the past bars

timmyhanke:
Can you add alerts for when the price breaks either the upper or lower band ?

timmyhanke

When the price breaks the upper or lower channel (close price) then the "trend" of the indicator will change (if the break is in the opposite direction of the current "trend") and then the alert would be exactly the same as now

mladen:

timmyhanke

When the price breaks the upper or lower channel (close price) then the "trend" of the indicator will change (if the break is in the opposite direction of the current "trend") and then the alert would be exactly the same as now

Sorry but i want the specific alert option when it breaks one of the band , i think that i can create the ''lagg'' that i need , so that the price penetrates and follows the upper band up to its highest high until its reversing ,then i want it to go almost instantly to the lower band and follow the price down , because every indicator that ive tried penetrates the right trend way either up or down and follow it until its highest high or lowest low , but then it dosnt allow the price to go to the other band and trigger the alert on a reverse ,so it the price goes up , the alert trigger that the price have penetrated the upper band then it follows the upper band until it drops , but then it sticks to the upper band and follows the price the whole way down again , until it comes to itselfs 0 point , then it changing to the other band direction.

So i hope that i can create that small movement that i need with this indicator ...

Hello my dear .Mladen

why and how this is indicator Repaint ?!!

it is repaint with me on Daily chart and i am loss more 350 $

please tell me about it repaint or not

thanks

a0114410049:
Hello my dear .Mladen

thanks

Hello A0114410049, sorry for your loss, and it has been told many times that ssa recalculates(repaints), the versions of ssa that don't repaint are the end point versions.

a0114410049:
Hello my dear .Mladen

thanks

The ssa is repainting , it refits itself along the trend , if you want to use a ssa indicator , or something that uses it make sure you have a endpointed version of it , its the only one that dosnt repaint .

Usually named Ssa endpoint.

Ssa endpoint is LWMA as far as I remember.SSA analysis in mql4 is half correct.Original SSA papers presented by Nina Golyandina

nevar:
Ssa endpoint is LWMA as far as I remember.SSA analysis in mql4 is half correct.Original SSA papers presented by Nina Golyandina

nevar

It is not so, but you are on a right track

The thing is that SSA and centered TMA are strikingly similar for some settings, and, since it is proven (by humble me) that LWMA is the end point version of centered TMA, so will the end point version of SSA for those settings be similar to LWMA. But only similar (not the same) since the math behind the two is completely different regardless of the similar results.

Also, the above said can be applied only to SSA with number of computations set to 1. Any number of computations greater than 1 makes the SSA recalculate the whole SSA intermediate result (the whole thing we see is a subject to change then), and the similarity to centered TMA stops there and then the similarity of end pointed versions stops too

PS: I have seen some nonsense at some forums where some "experts" were trying to convince people that some settings for SSA makes it a non-repainting - which is a complete and utter bs. Those "statements" probably mislead some people to believe otherwise. But there is no and never will be a setting for SSA on a non-stationary time series that will ever make it non-recalculate. The only way to have a non-repainting derivative of SSA is to make it end-pointed

mladen:

nevar

It is not so, but you are on a right track

The thing is that SSA and centered TMA are strikingly similar for some settings, and, since it is proven (by humble me) that LWMA is the end point version of centered TMA, so will the end point version of SSA for those settings be similar to LWMA. But only similar (not the same) since the math behind the two is completely different regardless of the similar results.

Also, the above said can be applied only to SSA with number of computations set to 1. Any number of computations greater than 1 makes the SSA recalculate the whole SSA intermediate result (the whole thing we see is a subject to change then), and the similarity to centered TMA stops there and then the similarity of end pointed versions stops too

PS: I have seen some nonsense at some forums where some "experts" were trying to convince people that some settings for SSA makes it a non-repainting - which is a complete and utter bs. Those "statements" probably mislead some people to believe otherwise. But there is no and never will be a setting for SSA on a non-stationary time series that will ever make it non-recalculate. The only way to have a non-repainting derivative of SSA is to make it end-pointed

Hi Mladen

It is really extremely perfect brief explanation reply, at least from my point of view, I really like it very much.

Cheer

Talaat E

Could this lovely indicator make a histo version (if reasonable to ) sorry if i asked stupid question

Reason: