Requests & Ideas - page 517

Mladen or Mr tools , i dont know who is best to ask for help , when mladen changed the alerts and mr tools added averages to this one.

Ive tried the indicator now , and the problem that i see is that it dosnt alert every time the price touches one of the bands , it dosnt have to alert on the same band all the time but when a revese is happening .

I would like to have it like for example average keltner channel , if you have that one on current and put the alert on high and low to false ,it alerts everytime the price change bands.

Because this indicator is beautiful , and i think i can have the result that i need from this one , if you have the energy and time to help me one more time

timmyhanke:
Mladen or Mr tools , i dont know who is best to ask for help , when mladen changed the alerts and mr tools added averages to this one.

Ive tried the indicator now , and the problem that i see is that it dosnt alert every time the price touches one of the bands , it dosnt have to alert on the same band all the time but when a revese is happening .

I would like to have it like for example average keltner channel , if you have that one on current and put the alert on high and low to false ,it alerts everytime the price change bands.

Because this indicator is beautiful , and i think i can have the result that i need from this one , if you have the energy and time to help me one more time

timmyhanke

That indicator does not alert when the price touches the bands but when the price crosses the bands. If the price does not cross the band(s), there will be no alert

mladen:

timmyhanke

That indicator does not alert when the price touches the bands but when the price crosses the bands. If the price does not cross the band(s), there will be no alert

Thank you for explaining ! Can a version be made so that it alerts it the price touches the bands aswell ?

timmyhanke:
Thank you for explaining ! Can a version be made so that it alerts it the price touches the bands aswell ?

timmyhanke

The touches of a price and a band is very rare (you can check in data window and you shall see that the occasions when those 2 values are exactly the same are virtually none) - that is why it is much safer to use crosses

mladen:

timmyhanke

The touches of a price and a band is very rare (you can check in data window and you shall see that the occasions when those 2 values are exactly the same are virtually none) - that is why it is much safer to use crosses

I was thinking if you set the indicator to

Band period: 3

Band method : three pole Ehlers smoother

Price : close

Band deviation : 1

On 1 hour timeframe.

Its not perfect but it follows close to the price and when the market moves up or down a bit it will touch and alert in my mind atleast , its not the perfect setting but im working on it ,

I look for something that stays pretty close to price and can touch the other band if the bar is reversing but dont do it by letting the bands go down to be straight and then let the price to touch the other band.

Meaning i want it to alert for a buy when it touches the band then the band follow it the whole way up , but then when the when the candle is dropping i want it to be able to touch the other band and alert that the market is '' reversing '' pretty fast , if it drops like 15 pips or so . So it dont alerts for a buy following it 50 pips up , then it drops and goes down to itself 0 line then it alerts for a sell.

Hope you understand what i ment , my brain can be a messy place ..

timmyhanke:

I was thinking if you set the indicator to

Band period: 3

Band method : three pole Ehlers smoother

Price : close

Band deviation : 1

On 1 hour timeframe.

Its not perfect but it follows close to the price and when the market moves up or down a bit it will touch and alert in my mind atleast , its not the perfect setting but im working on it ,

I look for something that stays pretty close to price and can touch the other band if the bar is reversing but dont do it by letting the bands go down to be straight and then let the price to touch the other band.

Meaning i want it to alert for a buy when it touches the band then the band follow it the whole way up , but then when the when the candle is dropping i want it to be able to touch the other band and alert that the market is '' reversing '' pretty fast , if it drops like 15 pips or so . So it dont alerts for a buy following it 50 pips up , then it drops and goes down to itself 0 line then it alerts for a sell.

Hope you understand what i ment , my brain can be a messy place ..

timmyhanke

As I tried to explain : you are almost never going to get "touches" when it comes to comparing a price and a value of an average (any average)

oguz:

Ohh! I didn't know

Thank you for the important information .

Dear mrtools

Can you made histogram version this indicator please?

Oguz, this is the histo version.

supertrend_volty_like_2.2_histo.mq4

mladen:

timmyhanke

As I tried to explain : you are almost never going to get "touches" when it comes to comparing a price and a value of an average (any average)

I think i ment when the price was penetrating either upper or lower band , just like the average keltner and envelope does , because they alert when the price penetrates the bands

mladen:

timmyhanke

Deleted...

mrtools:

Oguz, this is the histo version.

supertrend_volty_like_2.2_histo.mq4

Thank you very much your effort, it's very nice work

Reason: