Requests & Ideas - page 264

mladen:
protrade Here is the first version. It will show when both dtosc values cross level up or level down at exactly the same bar. I could not keep the signal lines nor the divergence lines (simply because there was not enough buffers for that). Let me know if that is what you had in mind

Mladen, this indy very seems interesting and I'll have to test it to see how I can use it but it is not exactly what I had in mind. It seems your new version shows where the different settings of stoch K and D cross "each other."

What I had in mind is to isolate where the different settings cross their own signals, as seen in the attached image. Where those separate signal crosses match up, is where the new indy alert should be. The last indy in the image is the new one you've just created. I placed a question mark on it because that is the spot where it should be crossing and alerting, matching the signal crosses of the two above it.

Files:

protrade:
Mladen, this indy very seems interesting and I'll have to test it to see how I can use it but it is not exactly what I had in mind. It seems your new version shows where the different settings of stoch K and D cross "each other."

What I had in mind is to isolate where the different settings cross their own signals, as seen in the attached image. Where those separate signal crosses match up, is where the new indy alert should be. The last indy in the image is the new one you've just created. I placed a question mark on it because that is the spot where it should be crossing and alerting, matching the signal crosses of the two above it.

I see now

What I made is arrows when both DTOSC are crossing required levels at the same time and you need it when DTOSC is crossing its signal line at the same time for both DTOSC indicator. Next version will work like that

protrade

Here is a version that has 2 dtosc values and 2 signal lines and which is placing arrows and triggering alerts only when both dtosc values cross the signal line in a same direction at exactly the same time. It is doing the same thing in multi time frame mode too

mladen:
protrade Here is a version that has 2 dtosc values and 2 signal lines and which is placing arrows and triggering alerts only when both dtosc values cross the signal line in a same direction at exactly the same time. It is doing the same thing in multi time frame mode too

Thanks Mladen. It's working fine. This is a great Christmas gift for me. The smoothing, damping and noise settings you've created makes this an excellent indy where the user has so much control.

Do you think it will make any difference in the long term, whether the slower stochastic is inputted first or the higher one first? I have two indies on the chart; the first with settings

5-3-3 then 14-3-3 and the second with 14-3-3 then 5-3-3. The matchups are not identical in all cases.

The last part of my request would be to have an EA made from this if you can. Thanks again.

mladen:
protrade

There is an error in that version (was trying to be too smart and to do what usually goes into 2 loops in one, and then I made a mistake ). When you mentioned that they differ, it was a clear sign that something is wrong (because they must be same if you invert the parameters). Here is a correct version of the indicator (tested that parameters inversion too and now it is working correctly)

PS: leaving the incorrect version too at its original post (mainly as a reminder to me what not to do any more). First value (dtosc+signal) are not going to change. The error was in second value calculation

On this version, the red line is now flat and there are no alerts.

protrade:
On this version, the red line is now flat and there are no alerts.

protrade

This is how that version (version 2.01) from that post looks like on my PC (used multi time frame) and alerts are working correctly (see the second picture)

Files:

protrade:
Thanks Mladen. It's working fine. This is a great Christmas gift for me. The smoothing, damping and noise settings you've created makes this an excellent indy where the user has so much control.

Do you think it will make any difference in the long term, whether the slower stochastic is inputted first or the higher one first? I have two indies on the chart; the first with settings

5-3-3 then 14-3-3 and the second with 14-3-3 then 5-3-3. The matchups are not identical in all cases.

The last part of my request would be to have an EA made from this if you can. Thanks again.

protrade

There is an error in that version (was trying to be too smart and to do what usually goes into 2 loops in one, and then I made a mistake ). When you mentioned that they differ, it was a clear sign that something is wrong (because they must be same if you invert the parameters). Here is a correct version of the indicator (tested that parameters inversion too and now it is working correctly)

PS: leaving the incorrect version too at its original post (mainly as a reminder to me what not to do any more). First value (dtosc+signal) are not going to change. The error was in second value calculation

mladen:
protrade This is how that version (version 2.01) from that post looks like on my PC (used multi time frame) and alerts are working correctly (see the second picture)

Ok, I checked it, it was my doing...it's fine now. Thanks. Can an EA be made from it?

protrade:
Ok, I checked it, it was my doing...it's fine now. Thanks. Can an EA be made from it?

protrade

Best to test it now in forward testing for some time and if it proves to be successful in such forward testing, then to start making an EA

mladen:
protrade Best to test it now in forward testing for some time and if it proves to be successful in such forward testing, then to start making an EA

I have been testing it for months actually on multiple pairs to get the right settings and it performs extremely well on the EUR-USD and CAN-USD. I have been using two of the same indicators on the chart and wading through multiple alerts to get match-ups. Once the match-ups arrive, they have been correct about 75% of the time overall, usually 80-plus percent in high volatility. So now to have one alert from the two different settings is a blessing.

Reason: