Requests & Ideas - page 251

Hermo:
Mr tools or mladen,sorry for my english again,

could you build an EA for me?

It would be using the indicator I attach (HiLow - Jurik smooth histo).

The EA will be two differents:

1) A continuous EA. I mean, it's always on the market. When the indicator gives the first blue line, buy into market and close all last operation. When red appears, close the last buy and open a sell with the same volume (always on bar closes). It's a continuous system. Can you add also minimum Money Managment?

2)Other EA, totally different, with the same indicator but this time with SL, TP and Trailing stop and also money managment. I don't know if you also will add some other thing to improve the EA...but I'm sure you help on this.

Thank you in advance. Meanwhile, I'm going to check the indicator you modified for me.

Regards,

Hermo

Hermo a late answer and for the first part of your question had made an Ea using that indicator, check here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page119

but like Mladen said usually would prefer to have forward testing results first.

rayphua:
Mladen, yes, I understand. Eventually if I am going to create an EA out of this, would this be a problem? If it does, when the time comes, I would revert back to one that does not have different timeframes.

Mladen, another question, am I able to use decimal points in the indicator?

Also, if this looks good to go, I look forward to the candle and the line version of the indicator (the line version would definitely help make the chart look a whole lot neater).

Thank you thank you thank you!

rayphua

Here is a version that allows you to specify separate time frame for each instance of super trend. With default parameters results are not going to be the same when you set all the time frames to same time frame in this one and the previous one - it is because in this one current bar price is compared to target time frame super trend value. To get the same values set the TargetTimeFramePrice to true

rayphua:
Mladen, yes, I understand. Eventually if I am going to create an EA out of this, would this be a problem? If it does, when the time comes, I would revert back to one that does not have different timeframes.

Mladen, another question, am I able to use decimal points in the indicator?

Also, if this looks good to go, I look forward to the candle and the line version of the indicator (the line version would definitely help make the chart look a whole lot neater).

Thank you thank you thank you!

rayphua

Can you explain how should the line version be calculated?

mladen:
rayphua Here is a version that allows you to specify separate time frame for each instance of super trend. With default parameters results are not going to be the same when you set all the time frames to same time frame in this one and the previous one - it is because in this one current bar price is compared to target time frame super trend value. To get the same values set the TargetTimeFramePrice to true

Thanks Mladen, I've tested it, it works as I need it to work. Can you code push alerts to it, alerts when price is out and above conditions, alerts when price is out and below conditions, and alerts when it is in the gray zone. Thanks!

mladen:
rayphua Can you explain how should the line version be calculated?

Mladen, if you could refer to the pic I sent you in the email, notice how there are 3 lines cluttering up the chart with the candles? Would it be possible to code it into 2 lines denoting the borders of the conditions; taking the extreme highs and the extreme lows to form just 2 lines so that anything outside of the two lines and above would be the green condition, anything outside of the two lines and below would be the orange condition, and anything in between would be the gray condition. Basically it gets rid of all the extra lines in between. Does this explanation help?

mladen:
thorcmt

Here is this version

First of all, it does not repaint. Default colors are a bit different than you asked for, but you can change them in the colors properties of the indicator. In this version you can chose home many bars you wish to be looked for the values (from 1 to up any value of bars). Also, you can choose a level : if you set it to 1 (default setting), it will work as you asked for

And one more deviation : instead of vertical lines, the indicator is drawing arrows on chart. And it is already a multi time frame indicator

Perfect

1) add option of plotting the level horizontal lines

2) then creates another version without the MTF in it

Thanks Again for all your help

thorcmt:
Perfect

1) add option of plotting the level horizontal lines

2) then creates another version without the MTF in it

Thanks Again for all your help

thorcmt

Option added to turn levels display on/off

Removed the multi time framing from it (hence the "simple" in the name)

Files:

mladen:
thorcmt

Here is this version

First of all, it does not repaint. Default colors are a bit different than you asked for, but you can change them in the colors properties of the indicator. In this version you can chose home many bars you wish to be looked for the values (from 1 to up any value of bars). Also, you can choose a level : if you set it to 1 (default setting), it will work as you asked for

And one more deviation : instead of vertical lines, the indicator is drawing arrows on chart. And it is already a multi time frame indicator

One more ask I forgot about, can you add a price shift input and default to 1?

thorcmt:
One more ask I forgot about, can you add a price shift input and default to 1?

thorcmt

Added the price shift parameter to the indicator (only I left the default value at 0 - if you wish to make it default to 1 simply change the extern int PriceShift = 0; line to read extern int PriceShift = 1;)

regards

Files:

rayphua

This a version of the super trend series that shows the minimal and the maximal value of any number of super trend indicators (and any time frames) on chart as two lines. Both indicators needed for proper work of the "lines" version

Reason: