Adaptive lookback indicators - page 40

94315jim:
Hi mladen,

Any possibility to code an "adaptive" T3 Trix indicator?

Thanks

jim

jim

What, kind of adapting do you have in mind (phase accumulation, lookback adapting, ...)?

mladen:
jim What, kind of adapting do you have in mind (phase accumulation, lookback adapting, ...)?

mladen

I was thinking phase accumulation.

94315jim:
mladen I was thinking phase accumulation.

jim

Which exact version of trix are you using?

mladen:
jim Which exact version of trix are you using?

mladen,

I am using the following attached version.

jim

Files:

94315jim:
mladen,

I am using the following attached version.

jim

jim

That version is already adaptive

See the adaptive version :

And the non-adaptive version (when T3FastAdaptive and T3SlowAdaptive parameters are set to false)

As you can see the adaptive version is responding to price changes much faster (ll the other parameters are the same, only T3FastAdaptive and T3SlowAdaptive parameters are changed in the second example to false)

Files:
t3_trix_1.gif  77 kb
t3_trix_2.gif  75 kb

Thanx Mladen....

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I should have seen the input parameters more carefully.

jim

mladen, i wanted to ask if you could write a "cumulative" indicator for alb-ma. basically, i to get rid of the of the clutter on the screen and so a great help would be a histo-type indicator showing when there is a cross between two same type - let's say, cross between alb-ma(open) and alb-ma(close). you've done it before for another favorite of mine (digital filters...), and i am attaching it here as an example along with a chart pic.

p.s. also, could you add color coding into this alb-ma, along with alert options (arrow... sound... email)? would be a tremendous help - many thanks in advance!!

Scrat:
mladen, i wanted to ask if you could write a "cumulative" indicator for alb-ma. basically, i to get rid of the of the clutter on the screen and so a great help would be a histo-type indicator showing when there is a cross between two same type - let's say, cross between alb-ma(open) and alb-ma(close). you've done it before for another favorite of mine (digital filters...), and i am attaching it here as an example along with a chart pic. p.s. also, could you add color coding into this alb-ma, along with alert options (arrow... sound... email)? would be a tremendous help - many thanks in advance!!

Scrat

Here is the two colored non-repainting version first : alb__speed_-_ma_2.mq4

Files:

Scrat:
mladen, i wanted to ask if you could write a "cumulative" indicator for alb-ma. basically, i to get rid of the of the clutter on the screen and so a great help would be a histo-type indicator showing when there is a cross between two same type - let's say, cross between alb-ma(open) and alb-ma(close). you've done it before for another favorite of mine (digital filters...), and i am attaching it here as an example along with a chart pic. p.s. also, could you add color coding into this alb-ma, along with alert options (arrow... sound... email)? would be a tremendous help - many thanks in advance!!

Here is the version with added alerts too : alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts.mq4

Since some adaptive look back moving averages tend to be "nervous", here is a version that can use super smoother to smoothed the result (it has a very small lag, and is, because of that, suitable for such smoothing) : alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed.mq4

To turn the smoothing off, set the smooth parameter to <= 1

PS; next version will be the histo version (now that everything is ready for it )

Reason: