Requests & Ideas - page 224

Mladen, is it possible to have an alert added to the attached indicator when the lines cross? Thanks.

Files:
stix_v1.mq4  3 kb

mladen:
protrade Here you go

Can you test it out again please. Not getting alerts.

protrade:

protrade

Set the alertsONparameter to true to turn on the alerts. In the rest of the "alerts" parameters set the kind of the alerts you wish to get

mladen:
rayphua You already can do that (in the colors tab - you can set separately colors and sizes for body and wick)

Mladen, there is currently 4 color options available, the first 2 is to set the wick size and color for the up and down outside of the dynamic zones, the second 2 is to set the body size and the color for the up and down outside of the dynamic zones. As far as I understand, the current 4 sets for color and size of wicks and body when its outside of the dynamic zones.

I would assume that to have the option to set for wick and body size, plus color, when it's within the dynamic zones, we would need another 4 colors in the option. Am I correct?

protrade:
Mladen, is it possible to have an alert added to the attached indicator when the lines cross? Thanks.

protrade

Here you go

Files:

protrade:

protrade

Sorry, my mistake. Found the error and now the alerts work as they should (you still have to turn the alertsOn to true to get the alerts). Indicator is uploaded in the original post where it was posted

mladen:
protrade Set the alertsONparameter to true to turn on the alerts. In the rest of the "alerts" parameters set the kind of the alerts you wish to get

I did that and I'm seeing the crosses but still no alerts.

protrade:
I did that and I'm seeing the crosses but still no alerts.

Seems that we were writing at the same time Please read the post prior to your post

rayphua:
Mladen, there is currently 4 color options available, the first 2 is to set the wick size and color for the up and down outside of the dynamic zones, the second 2 is to set the body size and the color for the up and down outside of the dynamic zones. As far as I understand, the current 4 sets for color and size of wicks and body when its outside of the dynamic zones. I would assume that to have the option to set for wick and body size, plus color, when it's within the dynamic zones, we would need another 4 colors in the option. Am I correct?

rayphua

Yes

And that would be a problem in the case of this indicator since I can not avoid using calculating buffers (because of the multi time frame mode) so in this case I am limited to only that one set of candles (with 2 colors) Even if we had just one color for candles, due to how metatrader 4 does things we still would have to use 4 buffers for that

mladen:
rayphua

Yes

And that would be a problem in the case of this indicator since I can not avoid using calculating buffers (because of the multi time frame mode) so in this case I am limited to only that one set of candles (with 2 colors) Even if we had just one color for candles, due to how metatrader 4 does things we still would have to use 4 buffers for that

Mladen, are you able to then do one that colors when it is within the dynamic zones, that allows color changes, wick and body size options, so I can interlay 2 indicators together?

Reason: