Requests & Ideas - page 137

winner246

I don't know if you tried this indicator (it is from this thread) : https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/78/marney_volume_indicator.mq4

Place it on 1 hour chart for a forex symbol and watch what is happening. That indicator is clearly showing the simple market hours periodicity, and that is the main reason (the market periodicity regarding ticks in relation to Asian, European and US market open and close) why I said that I doubt that volume can be used in a normal manner when it comes to forex symbols. Those patterns are repeating itself over and over (which is normal) and I don't know if it is a smart idea to make indicators follow "volumes" on forex symbols

Here is an example of a 1 hour EURUSD chart with Marney volume indicator :

PS: the indicator you posted uses a a kind of a regular zero mean normalization and it is good (it is one of the usual normalization methods). Will see if we can cook up something out of it

Files:

Ichimoku trend filter

HELLO MLADEN, Please do you have an existing indicator that suits this purpose ? if not i would appreciate if you can create it. NAME: ICHIMOKU TREND FILTER DESIGN; HISTOGRAM BARS UPTREND;(1) PRICE ABOVE TENKAN-SAN, and (2) PRICE ABOVE KUMO CLOUD and (3) TENKAN-SEN ABOVE KIJUN-SEN. When the 3 conditions are fulfilled at the close of a bar it will show GREEN. The DOWNTREND rules are the exact opposite,and it will show RED Color. WHENEVER all 3 conditions are NOT FULFILLED it will show GOLD Color. THANKS FOR YOUR SKILLED SERVICES.

Tenkan-sen slope histogram

HELLO MLADEN,NEW DIGITAL,MRTOOLS, Please can any of you post this indicator(if it already exists) THANKS

Off topic

I was reading in various places today about the lack of trend in the EUR. As an experiment, I put together a neural net based non linear trend line in Rapidminer plotting closing points around some kind of centred moving average.

Attached is the result. Not so difficult to see the problem. 1.3146 seems to be the level to watch today.

Files:
nl_trend_2.jpg  150 kb

Tenkan-sen slope in color

HELLO MLADEN,MRTOOLS,SIMBA, Please can anyone create a SLOPE COLOR version of this indicator,and then convert it into histogram form. THANKS.

Files:

Off Topic...once again

So we have no trend so lets just range trade...................not so fast, there is more bad news.

Essentially not only do we have no trend but we have a contraction of range since February. Here the neural net is looking for patterns in range and.....no surprises.

Files:
range.jpg  131 kb

Kijun-Sen slope indicator ...

Try out this version

It is made as a histogram that shows the slope of the Kijun-Sen line

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN,MRTOOLS,SIMBA, Please can anyone create a SLOPE COLOR version of this indicator,and then convert it into histogram form. THANKS.
Files:

One last one...Non Farm Payrolls

This is looking for cyclical patterns in US non farm payrolls. If the model is correct then NFP is not going to be strong. (The prediction is not far off last month). On the other hand we are at the bottom of the employment cycle and things should improve. Anyone banking on QE3 probably should think twice based on this model.

Have a good weekend everyone.

KIJUN SOHO slope color

HELLO MLADEN, THANKS for your expert service,its immensely appreciated. Please ADD a 3rd color (gold) to the KIJUN SOHO slope histogram. WHENEVER a new bar shows a positive slope,the indicator will show GREEN, when there is a negative slope it will show RED,and when the new bar CLOSES AT THE SAME VALUE AS THE PREVIOUS bar it will show GOLD. Once again thank you so much for your invaluable skills and service.

Here you go Added an option, so you can turn the "neutral" trend (when values are same as the previous) showing on or off. The problems is that it is "neutral" most of the time, and then you might end up with something like this :

That is the main reason why I left it as an option (default is false)

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, THANKS for your expert service,its immensely appreciated. Please ADD a 3rd color (gold) to the KIJUN SOHO slope histogram. WHENEVER a new bar shows a positive slope,the indicator will show GREEN, when there is a negative slope it will show RED,and when the new bar CLOSES AT THE SAME VALUE AS THE PREVIOUS bar it will show GOLD. Once again thank you so much for your invaluable skills and service.
Reason: