Std Deviation - page 6

Kurtosis indicator

Files:
kurtosis.mq4  3 kb

mrwobbles:
Not sure if this has been done before or if anyone will have any use for this but I put together a simple extension of the Std-Dev indicator to allow you to calculate a simple MA of the Std-Dev. I use this to gauge when price is trending, if SD is greater than the moving average then price is in a trend and you should enter an order in the direction of the movement. seems to work best with high Std values, I currently use 50 period Std and 15 moving average period. It works well as a filter for my current EA, it managed to increase the accuracy by about 15%. Hope this helps someone.

very good...I create an indicator for trading range too..please see my post n°1079 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385

I ask for coding that..thank's in advance.

HELLO MLADEN,

Please kindly assist to create a COLORED version of MT4 standard deviation BASED ON ITS SLOPE.

I would also appreciate if you can ALSO create similar version with the STD you made here in post 38.

MANY MANY THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK.

HELLO MLADEN'

Just to remind you of my request in the last post.

I want the STD in 2 colors (green and red )Anytime it SLOPES UPWARD ON A NEW BAR THAT BAR WILL SHOW GREEN COLOR .

ALSO ANYTIME IT SLOPES DOWNWARDS ON A NEW BAR THAT BAR WILL SHOW RED COLOR.

THANKS FOR YOUR INVALUABLE SERVICE.

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN'

Just to remind you of my request in the last post.

I want the STD in 2 colors (green and red )Anytime it SLOPES UPWARD ON A NEW BAR THAT BAR WILL SHOW GREEN COLOR .

ALSO ANYTIME IT SLOPES DOWNWARDS ON A NEW BAR THAT BAR WILL SHOW RED COLOR.

THANKS FOR YOUR INVALUABLE SERVICE.

Thought that I posted it (it seems that years are getting me)

Anyway, here it is. Have a nice weekend ______________________________

PS: this one is the one from post 38 already (the simpler code for calculating deviation)

Files:

Hello mladen,

thank you very much,do have a nice weekend and a prosperous new month in september.

Hi,

I am trying to put the attached Nonlag MA indicator from the great Mladen in his other wonderful indicator (Deviations) but cannot get it to work. I don't know how to program so can someone please help me.

Thank you

nonlag_ma_nrp.mq4

Files:

tradewiser:
Hi,

I am trying to put the attached Nonlag MA indicator from the great Mladen in his other wonderful indicator (Deviations) but cannot get it to work. I don't know how to program so can someone please help me.

Thank you

nonlag_ma_nrp.mq4

Hi Tradewiser,

Did 2 versions one using non lag ma as incoming price (Deviations of nonlag ma) and another version calculating the deviations in a non lag way.

Thank you so much MrTools, you are a star!

mrtools:
Hi Tradewiser, Did 2 versions one using non lag ma as incoming price (Deviations of nonlag ma) and another version calculating the deviations in a non lag way.

Hello all,

Thanx again for this amazing forum especcially to the coders they are very helpfull and generous(also genius) that always make me feel ashamed just because i can t payback..Anyway i always think CCI is a very interesting indicator,rather than its brothers like stoch or rsi...and I search for difference between them i guess its mean deviation itself addition to the calculation of the cci...CCI has no up or down limit like rsi or stoc just..it is similiar to the price..I mean CCI has upper limit but it is only in theory just like price again..Mr.tools i could not start ur last indicator in metatrader4..I guess it is because of new metatrader4..i compile it at meta languages editor still doesn t start...i also want to see ur RSI and ATR deviations indicators if it is possible..one last request if it is possible can you modify CCI with kurtosis,skewness if it is doable?It may be a lot but it will help me also a lot...thnx in advance..Take care and have a nice profit.

Reason: