Requests & Ideas - page 73

Spread trade & ocn nma indicator

Mladen, I could use some help on this one.

This is a follow-on/modification of the original request - yes, still working on it.

The Ocean indicator takes 5 minutes on a 5000 bar chart. Since my coding skills are nonexistent there must be a much better way to do this.

The spread value and its ocn nma are seen here:

Would you...

- rewrite the spread value indicator? (consider, too, the first post's comment on the general solution for the traded instrument and host currency; also there are some notes in the mq4 for things I still have not gotten around to)

- incorporate the results in an Ocean nma without an iCustom() call? (I'll take the exercise to figure out how to adapt it to others in the Ocean series unless you want to make the major Ocean indicators (ndx, nxc, nmm, nma etc) general enough to drop generic prices in...of course, I think everybody could benefit from that Thank you.

Files:
sp.gif  28 kb
sp.mq4  9 kb

Buyer Seller script

Can anyone point me in the direction of a script with Stop loss, take profit, trailing stop, with the ability to modify lot size.

right now im using this one its just missing the trailing stop if someone would like to add it for me

thanks

Files:

adeo

That is (the time of calculation) not caused by nma nor by sp indicator. In the iCustom() call one parameter (the first one) is missing (hence the slowdown).

Also, one thing that is not told in the help file when iMAOnArray() is concerned : for some reason known only to metatrader people, iMAOnArray() will not work if the whole array is not filled before calling iMAOnArray() function. So if you plan to use iMAOnArray() then you have to fill the array in a separate loop, and only then do the work in another loop

As far of generalizing : I would love to do so, believe me But in metatrader it is not possible to do so (when it comes to usage of values of other indicators it can be done only in metatrader 5, but, due to my last experience (last week, for example, metatrader 5 was crashing whenever you tried to attach an indicator to a chart - it seems that someone thinks we should not use indicators at all)) I am still waiting till anything that looks close to finished emerges regarding metatrader 5

PS : attached the indicator that uses the sp you attached (did not change anything in the name) and made the changes that are described in the above - it works satisfactory fast now

It can also be made without iMAOnArray() and that is the version "1" attached here (I usually use iMA() with period 1 (one) to extract price the fastest way - did some testing and it is 5-6 times faster than to write the switch - case code) so the iMAOnArray() becomes obsolete when you already have the value you need for calculation

regards

Mladen

adeo:
Mladen, I could use some help on this one.

This is a follow-on/modification of the original request - yes, still working on it.

The Ocean indicator takes 5 minutes on a 5000 bar chart. Since my coding skills are nonexistent there must be a much better way to do this.

The spread value and its ocn nma are seen here:

Would you...

- rewrite the spread value indicator? (consider, too, the first post's comment on the general solution for the traded instrument and host currency; also there are some notes in the mq4 for things I still have not gotten around to)

- incorporate the results in an Ocean nma without an iCustom() call? (I'll take the exercise to figure out how to adapt it to others in the Ocean series unless you want to make the major Ocean indicators (ndx, nxc, nmm, nma etc) general enough to drop generic prices in...of course, I think everybody could benefit from that Thank you.
Files:

Hurst Exponent Indicator

Hello,

Im interested in a Hurst Exponent indicator.

I found some of them but i think most of the calculations used are not really correct. I found a good source of how to code this indicator but im not able to do it because it seems to be to complex for me:

Hurst

Thank you in Advance!

Mike

ps: i would like to use this indicator to trade reversals.

Hi mk77ch,

I just found this indicator in simple elite section:

HurstChannel_v2.

hi newdigital,

i know this indicator but im looking for the hurst exponent indicator itself.

thank you and best regards,

mike

mike

I think that this is what you are looking for

regards

Mladen

mk77ch:
hi newdigital,

i know this indicator but im looking for the hurst exponent indicator itself.

thank you and best regards,

mike
Files:
hurst.gif  26 kb

hi mladen,

thank you very much for the indicator.

now i have three different indicators which all give different results

cheers,

mike

:):)

If you take a look at the calculation, the one I posted does it the way defined here : Hurst exponent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

But even when compared to Fractal dimension as defined by Sevcik and if we take the Hurst = 2- Fractal dimension, the correlation does not stand (the original Sevcik's fractal dimension has flaws, btw, since it never reaches values of 1.5). In my opinion, the one I posted is OK but I leave you to decide what is what in the "hurst exponent mess"

regards

Mladen

mk77ch:
hi mladen,

thank you very much for the indicator.

now i have three different indicators which all give different results

cheers,

mike
Reason: