Requests & Ideas - page 402

rosalieone:
Thank you Maestro. Well done Is it possible to see the velocity separate, not mixed with the initial line?

Let me find out some visual mode that will not interfere with the main indicator value

Nothing special, just in a new window under if possible, thanks

mladen:
Let me find out some visual mode that will not interfere with the main indicator value

rosalieone:
Nothing special, just in a new window under if possible, thanks

This is one way it can be done : trend_analysis_-_historical_-_smoothed_2.2.mq4

Thank you perfect !!!

rosalieone:
Thank you perfect !!!

Dear Mladen, i'm testing the indi.

Question, should the speed line not cross the zero line when the upper indicator start reversing ?

rosalieone:
Dear Mladen, i'm testing the indi. Question, should the speed line not cross the zero line when the upper indicator start reversing ?

rosalieone

If I want to keep both values visible, then speed line had to be moved bellow zero. Add level -0.5 and try to use that levels for that type of crosses

mladen:
rosalieone If I want to keep both values visible, then speed line had to be moved bellow zero. Add level -0.5 and try to use that levels for that type of crosses

Yes, i understand that in order to see both lines you managed to tweak it wisely that way. What i was meaning is that the speed should not move in paralel with the upper indicator, in fact as i understand how speed is calculated it should cross the zero line when the upper indicator reverse. (as acceleration cross the zero line when speed reverse). What do you think ?

rosalieone:
Yes, i understand that in order to see both lines you managed to tweak it wisely that way. What i was meaning is that the speed should not move in paralel with the upper indicator, in fact as i understand how speed is calculated it should cross the zero line when the upper indicator reverse. (as acceleration cross the zero line when speed reverse). What do you think ?

rosalieone

That indicator is not calculating the spread, it is calculating the difference between a value and value n bars ago (that is why I told that it is a simple momentum). When the formula for "velocity" indicator is applied to the values of the trend analysis historical indicator, those are the values calculated

mladen:
rosalieone That indicator is not calculating the spread, it is calculating the difference between a value and value n bars ago (that is why I told that it is a simple momentum). When the formula for "velocity" indicator is applied to the values of the trend analysis historical indicator, those are the values calculated

Is it calculating speed as first derivative of the indicator's data ?

https://www.mathsisfun.com/calculus/derivatives-introduction.html

rosalieone:
Is it calculating speed as first derivative of the indicator's data ? https://www.mathsisfun.com/calculus/derivatives-introduction.html

It does not

This is what it calculates :

V[pos]/V[pos+Acceleration_Length]

"Slope" from that page can not be calculated for a financial time series (x axis is time, y axes is price : they are incompatible)

Reason: